The $150 SPL Challenge

Hank, why are you complaining so much.

Build in your cargo area and compete in the hatch class, I'll build in my cargo area (or lack thereof) and compete in the truck class.

You don't get to put your backseat down. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

i plan on still doing it. but i also plan on having a rex too so be it. as long as i get these 2 pos hatches out of my garage and driveway in a week hopefully. ill have myself an all ready to go 1 note machine haha.

I am open to ideas, yet constant complaints with no offerings of a fix help no one. At some point I will have to make judgement calls on rules. I have stated many times that after march 1st there will be no more changes or amendments. If anyone has a change or amendment to discuss please present reasonable arguments and points to be considered.

136.5 @ the dash on mine so far *laughs*

These cheap subs will ONLY peak at 65 hz no matter what I do to the port (longer, smaller, longer and smaller, etc) -- so I'm 10 Hz off what I should be, haha. Either I need a whole new box or different speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am open to ideas, yet constant complaints with no offerings of a fix help no one. At some point I will have to make judgement calls on rules. I have stated many times that after march 1st there will be no more changes or amendments. If anyone has a change or amendment to discuss please present reasonable arguments and points to be considered.
you pretty much nailed all the rules already. but a truck should be in truck class no matter what i think. bench seat or not. hatch suv VAN is good. trunk is good.

I found an alternative cheap 8" that I will try and then also try four cheap 12s in the Jeep.
Now who wants to buy all these speakers when I'm done ? *laughs*
you must be getting a cheaper amp then to be able to run 4 12s lol.

I read to about 10 pages and decided to skip to the end...just keep it simple, everyone picks their product, build must be behind the back of the furthest-back factory seat (or where it should be) seats can be folded down, frequency doesn't matter (this is a burp after all...if it would fly in a normal competition, it should fly here)

also...the setup I wanted would cost me 152.99+ship //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

If you want the cliffs of the whole thread, just check out the rules sticky thread. I'm actually surprised at how well this is actually going right now. I am still in contact with a few manufactures about some product give away options. All though give away are almost never fully free(strings attached).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.