Thanks goob for the virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the same crap. Now i am getting pop ups and such. Some fake anti viral software(security tool) it's saying a worm is trying to steal credit card passwords then wants me to type in my credit card info to them. Do ppl really fall for that>?

If you guys had macs it would be a different story.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif my mac

If anyone actually does get the virus, this program is great for removing it: ComboFix | freeware

The IT guy at work used it on my comp to get rid of the virus. Took about 20min but cleaned that bitch right off and actually sped up the boot time of my comp...

As everyone should already know, we're doing all we can to stop/prevent whatever is going on. We're using the latest VB software, so they do not even have a fix for it yet. We have also scanned the server several times and nothing is showing up. I've also contacted someone who deals with vb forums and they haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

That said, all I can suggest right now is using a good virus protection software, such as Norton or McAfee and don't download anything from this site until this is resolved completely. I myself haven't had any issues whatsoever from this site, yet...

Someone is hacking the site right now and changing usernames...either that or ramos is spinning out of control. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Might wanna check into it...I'm just sayin'.

I got it and my laptop was only on Car Audio at CarAudio.com I walked away to do something came back 10 minutes later to program called security tool anti virus saying I had something on my computer..........yeah I wonder the program telling me my computer is infected is the program infecting my computer. I think the file name was like 18552 or close to it.

For windows vista and XP if you have restore points saved go to safe mode and restore to a past setting and it will erase it. After 20 minutes of messing with that thing trying to get it out it locked up my computer so I could only start in safe mode.

I'm trying to understand whats going on. So this is both a problem with members being infected with a virus AND someone being able to hack accounts and make changes? There is a new software update almost ready to come out, which should help. Still doing all we can to resolve it. Our hands are kinda tied, since the forum software company doesn't even have a fix for it yet, is the bad thing.

I'm trying to understand whats going on. So this is both a problem with members being infected with a virus AND someone being able to hack accounts and make changes? There is a new software update almost ready to come out, which should help. Still doing all we can to resolve it. Our hands are kinda tied, since the forum software company doesn't even have a fix for it yet, is the bad thing.
Yes. So far they seem to be unrelated.

As everyone should already know, we're doing all we can to stop/prevent whatever is going on. We're using the latest VB software, so they do not even have a fix for it yet. We have also scanned the server several times and nothing is showing up. I've also contacted someone who deals with vb forums and they haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.
That said, all I can suggest right now is using a good virus protection software, such as Norton or McAfee and don't download anything from this site until this is resolved completely. I myself haven't had any issues whatsoever from this site, yet...
McAfee is garbage.

Avast and Avira Antivir Free are both much better and free alternatives.

McAfee is garbage.
Avast and Avira Antivir Free are both much better and free alternatives.
I've got McAfee here at home and I haven't gotten the virus here...it's usually pretty good about picking stuff up even when I download dirty torrents :p

I've got McAfee here at home and I haven't gotten the virus here...it's usually pretty good about picking stuff up even when I download dirty torrents :p
Here is a post I put together. I basically compiled all the unbiased antivirus and firewall research I could find. Have a read through, look at the dynamic tests, detection tests, and removal tests. McAfee doesnt do so hot in comparison to other free AV vendors.

PC-Babble: Antivirus, Anti-Malware, and Firewall Info

AVG will defend against it. I've got it installed now, and when I logged in earlier it popped up saying that a virus was trying to inflitrate my pc.

And Goob, the hacks are unrelated. I personally think its a mod gone mad. Of course, no correlation to the recently added mods right? In the 5 years ive been on this site, nothing like this has ever happened before.

I wish you would of thought out your mod choices better, and I don't think im alone on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...