Testing...!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Ok. i have searched & searched for bench testing on my rxd2400. and aint found nothing.

i know someone on this forum has atleast tested this amp once. can anyone give me any info on from a bench test or anything.

any help it much MUCH, appreciated.

What exactly are you wanting to know? Max power output with and with out clipping or what?

I played with one of those amps in a customers car a few months back. It was decent, but most of the power was created after it started clipping a bit. However, their QC there is nothing great so every amp will be different.

what exactly are you trying to test?

what the amp actually does at 1 ohm

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

the online calc said 49 on dmm to set for rms. but i wanna know max without clip

so you'll need an oscope and a clamp meter iirc.
exactly and you will need to test you amp. As I stated earlier the QC at the build house is nothing great so each amp will more then likely perform differently. Also no matter the QC from the company you will need to know how it works in your setup and not on a bench or someone else's setup because that will make a huge difference.

personally i'd use a scope capable of performing FFT's so you have at least some idea what the spectral content is....without a solid input wave to compare to it can be difficult to see distortion on a sine wave

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date