terminal help

Participant count
  • Participant list

xjmadness
10+ year member

The beauty of green
ATL
ok im planning a box for 2 dual 2 ohm VC subs. i want to get a 2 ohm load so

i would only need 1 terminal going out of the box to the amp correct??

o and this may sound stupid but i do use speaker wires to connect subs to terminal inside the box rite?

If the subs are gonna share chamber space you should have it easy..

One terminal cup (only one set of wires going in if you wire the subs together).. Speaker wire inside box from cup to speakers..

You will have to wire each sub parallel, and put them in series with eachother.. parallel on one sub drops that sub to 1 ohm, seriesed 1 ohms gives you 2 ohm..

You will have + on one sub, - on the other I believe.. sub 1 is + to +, - to - (both subs look the same that way, parallel on the voice coils), then from sub 1 + to sub 2 -, sub 1 - to sub 2 + (series the subs together).. sub 1 gets + from amp, sub 2 gets - from amp..

If this is wrong, SOMEONE TELL ME (AND HIM) BEFORE HE BLOWS SOMETHING UP //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

This means, don't do the wiring like I suggested until someone confirms this (make sure you know they are worth listening to, there are some here that are idiots and you shouldn't listen to them at all ... ThunderTunes for example...)

Hope that helps (and is right)

well im putting them in one box but im using a brace to separate the chambers...so what then?

if the brace is 'solid', you would have 2 chambers.. if it's hollow and is just for stability, go as above..

If the brace is a wall, you can still run the wires from one sub to the other through it .. either cut a hole in it (small enough for the wires, if you need it sealed use silicone or something) or put a terminal cup in it.. you have 2 wires from sub 1 to sub 2, just remember to reverse them on the other side.. You would also probably need 2 cups outside, one on each side of the brace (or holes.. )... you would only need the 1 wire from the amp still, just have the + going to one cup, the - to the other..

Hope that helps..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.