technical difficulty -- please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

iluv2boom
10+ year member

Alabama
I recently installed a new radio and whenever i change the cd # or whatever my speakers pop -- and also my 10's don't produce the bass as "clean" as they used to --- also it makes noise when i use my power mirrors ---- all suggentions welcome!!!

It sounds like you've grounded the HU with some accessory grounds. Ideally you'll only want to have one ground point, but unfortuantely, this isn't usually practical. Ground the HU and whatever else you have up front (EQ's, etc) to the firewall and the amplifiers to a ground in the trunk. Make sure there is a minimal voltage difference between the two grounds.

thanks for replying -- i never thought of that -- but i grounded the new radio to the old factory radio ground --- is that a problem? the amp is grounded in the rear of the car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.