team nutz - pittsburgh

BreakingBad

Banned
pittsburgh
this will be very long to show everyone exactly what happened and the final outcome..

first let me reference a thread on realm of excursion where the majority of the debate went down:

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=29291

as time goes on the thread may be locked, deleted, pictures may not show up.. who knows but right now everything is in place and can be referenced.

let me begin by saying that in sept. of 2006 i had Team Nutz in Pittsburgh, PA do some work for me. i bought two RE Audio SX 12" subs, a US Amps AX1500DE from them and i had them build the box, and install everything. everything went great.. until now.

i had called them to get a quote for 1 18" RE XXX. they quoted me at almost full MSRP ($2,000+). i found it cheaper elsewhere with a warranty included, so i went with the other company instead of them.

i had set up an appointment with them to build me a box (6 cubes @ 35 hz, as RE recommends) and to install a new car battery along with run the wiring to the amp and what not.

first, i was going to put 1,500 watts (ax 1500 de) to the XXX (2,000 W RMS) which both RE and US amps said was plenty, but 2,000 was preferred as its a 2,000 W sub. they assured me 1,500 was fine but if i wanted the full potential of the sub to get a 2,000W (which would of only been what a 3 db increase at most?)

anyway. they built the box, did the install but i was called and informed that "i had no bass. the sub was barely moving" and to me, this was suspicious because at 1,500 watts that thing should be killing the lows and whatnot. anyway i come down, my car was out of the shop, i paid, was told the owner was busy and handed my keys and had really no choice but to leave. i turned the system up, and even at volume 50 (max is 80 on my hu) i had little to no bass.

i at that point was told by team nutz that i needed "more power" to produce any bass what so ever. the owner told me that greg @ us amps said that i need a MINIMUM of 3,000 watts just to have ANY bass what so ever and/or to get the sub to work IN GENERAL. i immediately powered off the HU and kept it off until i made my way back down there to have them check the wiring on the sub.

magically, after them re-doing the wiring in front of me, the bass output increased 10 fold and i had bass. the owner admitted to me it was probably wired backwards or wrong.

people at ROE said the sub was probably out of phase, and that they wired it incorrectly originally, which WAS the issue. from literally no bass to having about 120-140db.. um HUGE DIFFERENCE.

anyway, upon speaking with RE and many other techs i was told that it was wired wrong and it could have possiblity damaged the sub and to get it returned anyway. team nutz' owner told me both voice coils were reading at 2.6, when they should be at 2.1. which wasn't surprising, as when they first installed it he said he "smelled a burning smell and turned it off".

keep in mind this is all available over at ROE in the thread that goes on for 20+ pages..

anyway the owner decided to come on ROE and 'defend' his bad install saying that 1,500 wasnt enough power to have ANY bass what so ever from the sub. he denied wiring it wrong and still won't admit that there was any difference in volume or sq coming from the sub (which.. going from where my rear view wasnt even vibrating to shaking the wall and having customers say holy ****.. yeah HUGE difference)

bottom line is this shop did a shotty install and won't admit up to the mistakes. they also did a crappy ground, which i RE DID and it eliminated almost all problems with the sub (aside from the fact that the vc's still might be damaged).

the owner told me to have the sub warranty replaced and that he cant help me. not even a refund on the install, no apology, nothing. he didn't even review the install with me until i came back complaining.

i will never shop at this place again, and i suggest anyone who knows their **** about car audio / subs do NOT bring your car there.

again this goes more in depth over at ROE, as i don't want to repeat myself 10 fold.

if i didn't have a warranty i might have been screwed out of a two thousand dollar subwoofer.

crappy shop! burn the place down!

176970_burn_it_down.jpg

slander? LMAO. good luck with that case buddy, i have 20+ pages of proof to show otherwise.

and this is a REVIEW forum, i REVIEWED your install and you screwed it up, what else is there to say.

and it's cease and desist by the way.

the day freedom of speech is against the law is the day i die. i did nothing but speak the truth and exactly what happened to my vehicle. i made no comments about you or your shop except the fact that they screwed up the install. you are a business. just because my review of your install isn't a positive one doesn't constitute a slander case.

good luck, you'll be spending thousands for no reason.

what nuts did was wrong, and now that its posted on a site visited by thousands a day and one of the largest online car audio forums there is , hes crying about it

MAN UP and admit what you did was wrong! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Anyone that is reading this can find the Truth about Team Nutz at http://www.teamnutztechnology.com

Our resume speaks for its self, don't let one bad apple try to ruin the reputation for a long time awarded business. If the customer would have listened to our recommendations in the first place he would not be in this situation.

Thank you.....

again, using his "500 awards" defense to defend a bad install on my vehicle.

just because you have awards doesn't make you invincible to mistakes, FYI.

they made a mistake, i have witnesses, i told the truth i have nothing to worry about. and as far as a lawsuit or lawyers are concerned, do what you need to do i got my defense ready and waiting and i WILL win because a slander case will not hold unless i lied to damage your reputation. you wired my equipment incorrectly, now you must deal with the consequences.

What was your recommendation to pay retail for the XXX? BTW I think that ground is funny thats something I did on my very first install w/o knowing anything about car audio. We all make mistakes bro but if your installs are so excellent then how come this one is messed up these seem like some noob mistakes, maybe he was mad that he bought the sub at another shop are my thoughts.

I highly recommend a seased and desist, as for this is being forward onto my attory for Slander.
STFU....if you can't even spell correctly, what makes you think you should own a shop?

good luck with your attory

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BreakingBad

Banned
BreakingBad
pittsburgh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies