taurus head unit install

not for sure on a kit,but isn't the hvac and radio combined in the center of the dash? i mean as one unit? i dunno if akit is made for that, check with your local car audio shop. they will be able to tell ya........ good luck!

there is a kit made for this install. I purchased one of these thru crutchfield for about $65. I ended up pulling it out because the plastic they use in the kit is alot cheaper looking than the ford original, so when the lights are on you can see them shining through the plastic. I would recommend seeing if your friends factory head unit in cd changer compatible, and if it is put a changer in the trunk. Hope this helps.

metra makes a kit that doesn't look bad, the other kit was probably a best kit

they dont make a dash kit buddy, sorry....you have to install a cd changer to your stereo. audiovox makes a changer that plugs into your stereo...if you have any questions call my shop at 316-685-3030 and ask for chris

so in order to have a cd player id have to use a changer(unless i didn't a custom fabrication of the dash to fit it) right? so how exactly do you hook the changer up to the factory radio? and which changers could i use on this specific car?

this is chrisradiogod....audiovox makes a changer and so does alpine that u can get with an adaptor that will adapt to the factory cd controls...if u have a question email me at chrisscanland@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Unregistered Obviously you don't know what the hell you are talking about because there are kits out there.

b/c here it is made by Metra.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=4757651&St=5688&St2=64681726&St3=41140489&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=6653&DID=7
obivously, you haven't read the whole thread. the pic u posted is a kit for KNOBS, the one RFmustang needs is for BUTTONS on the hvac controls. he posted it earlier in the thread. read before u speak!

Simple, all you need to do is to trace where the old dech was, us some type of thick wood, cut, then WAMMO !//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

this rfmustang i just wanted to konw what 85_Stang_GT is thinking, cut wood-what??

use it for what know, there are buttons and digital climate and temperatue thing on it too how would that hook up?

my 1988 corsica has an all in one face plate like the taurus. I need to know where i can obtain a replacement face plate for an anfter market HU. Please tell me where and a cost of one.

Jordan

i had the same problem when i put a unit in my friends car. The old unit is a ***** to get out but once you get it out all you have to do is do a little re-wiring and cut some wholes and replace some of the knobs, then you'll be all set. You really dont even need to buy a kit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.