Taramps help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

IndySlim

CoolAssDude
Omaha NE
Got my Taramps Smart 3k installed and yes its definitely louder. My only issue is not necessarily and issue more of a curiosity about pre out voltage. I know gain is not for bass but I'm clipping @ about 26 on my radio volume depending on the song. I do have a bass knob and the amp won't allow me to kill it unless I do it intentionally hence the name "smart 3k". I'm wondering would I get a little more range out of my volume and or bass knob if the pre out voltage were at the ideal 2 volts that taramps perform well at. Also is there a way to reduce input voltage and no I don't mean turning the volume down. I mean is there a way to permanently make my amp see 2v

first set your amp gain right. heres how. note, the 50hz test tone is at the very bottom...

Set your gains properly. If you're still clipping then you can try introducing a line driver to your system like an Overdrive or Matrix (Audiocontrol) or whatever line driver you can get your hands on to boost the input voltage. Mind you, this won't make your amp play remarkably louder per say, but It will get you out of clip by reducing distortion signals from your input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.