Tang Band 6.5" Subwoofer

pw91686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mobile, AL
Does anyone here have any experience with these? My buddy drives a Ford Explorer Sporttrac and has very limited airspace for subs, he currently has one 10 in there right now under the backseat, but we were thinking about putting a few of these 6.5's in there since there is such limited air space and simply because they are 6.5" subwoofers, we just thought it would be pretty neat.

If anyone has any experience with these please let me know how much airspace one of these would need to be run sealed. He wants to try to put 8 of them in there somehow, but maybe 4 or 6 would be more reasonable. So if you have any experience please let me know some airspace requirements or just give me your input, thanks.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-832

i was thinking about getting their 6x9" subwoofers to replace my 6x9's in the rear deck of my volvo, do you think that would work out pretty well?

those are sexy...I think those and the vibe square 6x9's are the coolest 6x9's out at the moment.
where can you get those vibe 6x9's? how much do they run for a pair? and will they fit in a rear deck of a volvo, or do they fit in rear decks?

I ran the 6.5" as midbass in my old car, for what it's worth they kicked butt on that duty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i was thinking about getting their 6x9" subwoofers to replace my 6x9's in the rear deck of my volvo, do you think that would work out pretty well?
They have roughly the same cone area of an 8 and displace the same amount of air (depending on the excursion limit of the surround/spider combo). I ran 2 kicker 6x9 subs behind a Sony xm-3040 (the good ones) in my cutlass for years without any issues.

Nothing earthshaking, but more like a good midbass fill...80-400 hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.