Take a look please!! Yes/No question

Participant count
  • Participant list

JJ30
10+ year member

Hi everyone, will these 2 boxes perform the same? I designed a single sub box on the re box calculator, and made it into 1 box on sketchup 8. Both have the same specs, 1st one just doesn't have a separating wall between the 2 chambers. If the answer is no, should I decrease the width of the port by 1.5" to compensate for the removal of the separation?

Edit: (I want to build the dual driver box with a single port, not the other one)

View attachment 26535673View attachment 26535672

Decreasing port width won't work because it will add more net space to each chamber, how much change there will be, I don't know.
Will it be a substantial change? It would be for 2 sa-15's which require 3.5f^3 and these are like 3.7^3 so a little big but minus .17^3 for the driver displacement.. Also it's @ 35&change hz

Will it be a substantial change? It would be for 2 sa-15's which require 3.5f^3 and these are like 3.7^3 so a little big but minus .17^3 for the driver displacement.. Also it's @ 35&change hz
have you studied driver and port placement in relation to the vehicle it is going to be in? I am assuming this is for spl based on the choice of driver used, so port/driver placement in the vehicle is crucial to success. I am only saying this because with the amount of design and effort involved in the build, you will want the most fruit for your labor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.