T1652-S wiring help Please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

inkdigger
10+ year member

I have a set of Power T1652-S components that I need to run off my Prime R300-4. What would be the best way to make this work? The amp will put out 50w x 4 @ 4 ohm, or 150w x 2 @ 4 ohm. Are the components under rated at 100w RMS each side, or will I blow them or the xovers if I run 150w per channel in the "standard" configuration? Or should I run my 4 channel in the "bi-amp" configuration and push 50w to the tweet and 50w to the mid on each side's xover?

Thanks alot,

Jason

you can only run at 4 ohms, which would be roughly around 75rms, because these amps are underated, which would be plenty of power, unless you plan to bridge and run as a two channel, but that will require extra y adapters to achieve stereo.

either way i would just run the front channels to them and what every you have in the rear on the rear, should be fine.

Thanks man, it's a single cab truck, the only things behind the seat are the subs. My mids are high in the doors and tweets are in the A-pillar pods. I do already have the Y adapters, I was running this amp bridged to run my subs before my front stage amp bit the dust. I know this amp is far from ideal to run subs, so I want to make it work as my front stage amp and get a better, more appropriate, amp for the subs. I know these amps are underrated, my birth sheet was close to 400wrms at 14.4 volts, but are fosgate speakers underrated as well? Clipping shouldnt be an issue, I have an oscope, and a fair level of experience with car audio. But I know there are a ton of people with wayyy more experience and knowledge so I love advice. A friend suggested I run 4 channel active off this amp, but I'm not experienced enough to make active imaging sound good and neither is he, so I will stick with passive......I dont compete after all, i just like to rock out to fairly clear music. Oh and my amp that keeps faulting is a nearly 15 year old P160.4, I got my money's worth out of it!!

Thanks,

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.