System for Toyota T100

Participant count
  • Participant list

skodeo7
10+ year member

Vermont
So I am getting my dad's 1996 Toyota T100 for my 16th birthday. He only has an AM/FM tuner. I am a complete newbie when it comes to Car Audio. I am looking for a powerful system with alot of bass but has High quality sound. I am planning on getting a cd player, amplifier, and 10"-12" subwoofer. I really do not know anything when it comes to car audio so any suggestions would be helpful! I wanna try to spend less than a thousand dollars but I plan on pretty much living in my car once I get it. Thanks!

u can do 12's if u want to lose leg room. it's up to the kind of sound u r after. as they say in the forum, we need more specfics on the kind of music u plan on listening to, budget, and maybe name brand preference.

i need new glasses! either that or i don't read very well!

anyway, from reading a lot here in the forum, i'd probably go w/ a sony, panasonic,or pioneer head unit. good ones can be found for around 2 to 3 bills.

amp wise i'd suggest a mtx thunder series.(gonna get killed for that) but for the money u can get a good amp. again u can get them for 2-4 bills, depending on their output.

for subs budget wise they say certain audiobahn subs are good(alum series i think) and they pound while sounding good.

anyway that's my 2 centz!

good luck

Sorry to double post but also under the back bench seat thing there is some storage space. I am not positive if there is enough room to store subs but that would be pretty good if it could. What do you guys think about a Sony x-plod head unit? Alot of my friends have them and they seem to work pretty **** good. Thanks!

This is like the same car as mine except I found the pic on autotrader...

81177718_000060_240x180.jpg

under the back seat will work. depending on how tall the area is underneath you may have to settle for 8's. don't fear though, i have 2 8d4's (cerwinvega) in a ported box under the back seat of my ram quad cab and they hit. rockford fosgate, kicker, cv,and several others produce good 8's and set up right they can hit as hard as most(keyword) anything.

as far as the xplode, i haven't really heard anything bad about their head units. i'm not real impressed with their amps. i have a xplode mobile es 1902 in my truck now. will be changing it soon!

Ok here it is,

Get a Pioneer Deck, i recommend the 7300 cost about 270.00

nice deck 3 preouts...and a whole bunch of neat features

a Alpine MRV-T707...this baby will be the amp that powers (cost about 290.00) your

Kicker Solobaric L712" sub...cost about 210.00

That is just the start my friend....if your windows can handle it which i doubt you could add a second one....but this sub will hit so hard that you could park your car down the block and still hear it....

That is just my opinion...the infinitys, are nice too...but this setup would be so sweet in your truck....

peace

jared

i've have the alpine mrv-t707 and i don't think it's that great of an amp. I've got it cranked on 1 pioneer 10s and it doesn't really work them hard enough. Keep in mind though, alpine is designed for 4ohm loads. They push more power on 4ohms and power drops when you go 2ohm and 1ohm.

you might want to consider a fosgate or Ultimate. I'd recommend ultimate though, the 2 channel amp is really good. I saw it in action. 2 kicker xpl 12's and the box was bouncin around like crazy!!!! Go with an ultimate amp...I personally think it's worth the money. They are underrated and exceed the factory specs. Read up on them i fyou don't believe me.

http://www.ultimate-sound.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.