help me complete my system, what subs

S

stupid

so far i have a kenwood deck, i dunno what model but it changes colors, i think its the only model that does.

i also gots 6 1/2 infinity reference in the front and

infinity refrence 6x9s in the back,

now i need to get a sub, i think i want to go with a sealed box, i usually listen to rock, do you think one 10' will be sufficient. I've heard good things about JL and Alpine for subs, i was thinking the jl0 or the alpine type s . also what amp would go good with one of these setups, thanks for any help

peace

oh all of this is in a 98 honda civic sedan

I my self had two type s 10's and they were way better then my jl wo's i used to have. I had a 280 watt amp bridged to each 10 inch type s and it hammered. If you wanted to move up you could go to type r, i have a type r 15 and it sounds awesome for sq. my buddy has a type r 10 and it's awesome too.

Well yes i will admit they do sound better than the Wo but thats for rock not rap so if you want rock i would go with a infinty perfect 12. The perfect and type r anre actully pretty similar subs but the perfect has by far more sq and will thump when you need it to. Get it you wont be sorry.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

would a sealed box for a one 10 type s sound good for rock?

or should i save up and get the type r, whats the difference,

Type s's and R's sound awesome in sealed , stick by that. The type r 10's handle 500watts rms and 1000 peak, the tinsel leads are woven into the spider for huge excursion and it has a **** nice cast aluminum basket and come in 4 ohm svc or dual 4 ohm coils, the type s's handle 200rms 600 peak, Have a stamped basket and can have a single 4 ohm vc or dual 4 ohm coils. Type s's will need less power. For type r you will need a bigger amp. I was very happy with my type s's sound quality was still awesome. either way you will be very happy. http://www.alpine1.com, if you want more info

hey that link didnt work but i'm really leaning on getting 1 type s in a sealed, thanks for all the help

the difference between type s and type r is that the type r has more surround width giving more thump. i have 2 type r 15", but am now leaning toward infinity perfect or go competition with 2 earthquake magma 15". go to mmxpress.com and look at earthquake. they are selling 2 earthquake magma 15" DVC for 250 a piece.

Hey soundgy, i work at an audio shop and there is more differences than that between the type s and the type r you retard.

i apologize for not adding every single example, i just feel that type r are much better overall for sound quality and a good chunk of people would care to agree. No offense intended.

should i add a detail once everyday until you guys just get a life give instructive criticism and stop getting wound about the stupid stuff. cry about it okay.

2/2/02-All alpine subs can come as single or dual voice coils.

and Soundgy, more surround means nothin, less surface area equals less bass. All a sub does is move air so more surround means less SA, that info is directly from Car audio and Electronics, Good example is the boss audio subs, a ten has so much surround it is like an 8 inch sub. Sensitvity is also a huge part, the higher the sensitivity on a sub the better. MY Type r 15 may handle 1500 peak, but with a sensitivity of 89db they will not compare to a JL 15w3 with sensitivity 0f say 93db. Sensitvity means that the higher it is the less power it will take to make it move.

And read this again Dummy. these are the differences between alpines subwoofers...

The type r 10's handle 500watts rms and 1000 peak, the tinsel leads are woven into the spider for huge excursion and it has a **** nice cast aluminum basket and come in 4 ohm svc or dual 4 ohm coils, the type s's handle 200rms 600 peak, Have a stamped basket and can have a single 4 ohm vc or dual 4 ohm coils. Type s's will need less power. For type r you will need a bigger amp. I was very happy with my type s's sound quality was still awesome. either way you will be very happy. http://www.alpine1.com, if you want more info

and first off if your running two type r 15's you shouldn't have to upgrade you should be winning competitions. I am running a planet audio 1200d to mine and i hit 143 with a sealed box, My boss said i would be in the high 140's or even low 150's with two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.