Synergy Mobile Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mike Waters
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I have been going back and forth with Mike at Synergy about the WFO 12's. I picked up a Synergy WFO 35.1 to run on 4 WFO 12's. I also picked up the matching 150.4X 4 channel to run some Synergy fcs65 components. When I tried to order my subs Mike is telling me they are getting in new versions for $259 not their $199 price advertised on the site. Well we know they have a fabrication shop and we all know how to build subs so why not 1st of all remove your Ad that specifically says WFO 12's $199 each or just put me 4 together, Not that hard. He claims thenew ones are 1500 rms but as I stated I have the WFO 35.1 so there would be no way for me to run the 4 I need. Getting fed up All I want is what is Advertised the 1000 rms WFO 12's for $199 why is this so hard? Went from loving this company to we'll see!

So I have been going back and forth with Mike at Synergy about the WFO 12's. I picked up a Synergy WFO 35.1 to run on 4 WFO 12's. I also picked up the matching 150.4X 4 channel to run some Synergy fcs65 components. When I tried to order my subs Mike is telling me they are getting in new versions for $259 not their $199 price advertised on the site. Well we know they have a fabrication shop and we all know how to build subs so why not 1st of all remove your Ad that specifically says WFO 12's $199 each or just put me 4 together, Not that hard. He claims thenew ones are 1500 rms but as I stated I have the WFO 35.1 so there would be no way for me to run the 4 I need. Getting fed up All I want is what is Advertised the 1000 rms WFO 12's for $199 why is this so hard? Went from loving this company to we'll see!
wanna try my buddy who's a dealer for them to see if he can get you the proper pricing? Communications will be done on facebook messenger which is easiest and fastest.

Why does the RMS difference mean you can't use 4? It doesn't work that way.
So are you saying I will be fine underpowering the subs and just as loud using the 1500 rms as I would be with the 1000 watt ones? I always was told/under the impression you could mess a sub up underpowering it just as easy as overpowering one. I have always tried to match rms as close as I could. With the 4 V2's at 1500rms that's 6000 rms and I am running the 35.1 which if I'm not mistaken is a little underrated but claims 3500 rms which I thought would be perfect on the 1000 watt V1's.

Your worrying more about matching rms to rms...which I can understand...but not always the case when people put 1000's of watts on subs CLEAN power and still be good. Either route you go, it'll be fine. Imo, you won't be underpowering them as long as gain is set correctly, should be bumping all day/night long.

Sounds like he may/may not have the avail parts in stock to put your subs together, if I'm reading that right. Then comes out with a newer version to replace the 1st version.

Your worrying more about matching rms to rms...which I can understand...but not always the case when people put 1000's of watts on subs CLEAN power and still be good. Either route you go, it'll be fine. Imo, you won't be underpowering them as long as gain is set correctly, should be bumping all day/night long.
Sounds like he may/may not have the avail parts in stock to put your subs together, if I'm reading that right. Then comes out with a newer version to replace the 1st version.
Yep that's what he said. Parts are unavailable and I should snag up the V2's. Looking like that's gonna be my only option if I want to run all Synergy. Maybe I'm getting worried for nothing?

Yep that's what he said. Parts are unavailable and I should snag up the V2's. Looking like that's gonna be my only option if I want to run all Synergy. Maybe I'm getting worried for nothing?
Unless you had a version 1 or 2 sitting around waiting for the other 2 to be built, nah I wouldn't worry about it. If that was the case, then ya I'd worry lol. it happens sometimes. People wait...maye too long then before long, a newer version comes out and the 1st gets discontinued.

Unless you had a version 1 or 2 sitting around waiting for the other 2 to be built, nah I wouldn't worry about it. If that was the case, then ya I'd worry lol. it happens sometimes. People wait...maye too long then before long, a newer version comes out and the 1st gets discontinued.
It's only been 4 months since they came out with the V1's but I hear what you're saying. They just posted the whole thing about being out of parts for the Old WFO's and how the new ones are coming soon and built here in the U.S. a few minutes ago since I was talking to them. Guess I'm gonna go ahead get the V'2s, Thanks for chiming in.

4 months and already have a version 2 out????
Unless this post is from 2016? I just saw where it said February 27th. Could be wrong but after looking back now I think I am correct. Pulling this straight from their facebook page.

"Synergy Mobile Audio added 5 new photos.

February 27 ·

The long awaited release of our Synergy Audio WFO subwoofer line is HERE!

We have 12" and 15" subwoofers available for sale.

Specs:

Triple stack motor

Double layer red Nomex spider

Stitched, woven leads

Non-pressed paper cone

Dual stitched foam surround

Spring push terminals

3" 1000w rms ccaw voice coil

Dual 2 ohm and dual 4 ohm impedance available.

12" woofers are $199.99+shipping each

15" woofers are $209.99+shipping each

Message this page or email: mike@synergymobileaudio.com to order yours today!"

I dunno...but 4 months seems to be a VERY short time-span for a new version to come out. On average, 1-2 years is normal for car audio companies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.