SX12 vs JBL W12gti

mrjoeyjiffy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
The topic pretty much explains it, as a newblet to the car audio scene RE was definitely not a brand I knew much about, but it seems to be commonly agreed that they make a killer subwoofer. Im looking for an "SQL" subwoofer I guess(trying to get loud and sound good doing it) and my budget is about 250 a sub.

I was dead set on the w12gti, but the sx12 is a little cheaper and can handle more power(not to mention i can wire it down to 1 ohm as opposed to 1.5 and get a little more out of my amp) so all opinions and suggestions are welcome and encouraged, this is the last decision i have to make before my system is done so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. i have quite a bit of space in my tahoe and plan on going ported and tuning to about 30 hz, dont know whether that matters or not but i figured i throw that in.

personally not to sound biased or nothing, i have the gtis and they are truly the real deal when they come to sq. i have 3 gti 10's and they are killer man. very detailed bass and sound better as you turn up the volume man! honestly i never heard the sx, but i read they are supposed to be good. personally my choice are the gti's. everything you read about them are the real deal. the power rating for the gtis are underrated, they say 700 rms, but they really do about 1000 rms. do the gti's man, you wont regret it. port the box for those gti's and you should be really happy. trust me. good luck.

There are only a few subs out there that hang with the GTi for SQ, and the SX12 is not among them. The SX is a good woofer, but not as purist in terms of accuracy. I'd go with the GTi.

I just put my GTI 12 in a sealed box approx 1.5 cubes. I havent got to listen much yet as im still putting in a transmission. But the few driveway tests I have had it sounds awesome. By far the best I have ever had. Only have about 600 watts going to it now. My monoblock amp will be here tomorrow then I will be putting a little more to it as well.

I switch subs and boxes on a regular bassis for in car testing

purposes and the W10gti subs I have are BY FAR the tightest

most detailed sounding subs I have ever heard..

I give my W10gti subs 1200w rms each (two W10's on a Crown BPX 2200.1)

and they are retarded...10 out of 10 people that hear them are completely

shocked on how tight they are...my head almost bops up and down with

the bass guitar strings on Joe Satriani's Anthology collection..very good lows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.