sws-12d4 alpine type s

Participant count
  • Participant list

orangecountyjd
10+ year member

[

U]Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:[/u]

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

Alright so I bought a truck and I dont want some huge sub sitting on my back seat or doing some crazy blow through shxx, so gone with the sa-15. Then I had a type r laying around back there ,still on the back seat sound loud and good but wanted a sub to go under the seat

So all I had to work with is .78 perchamber , and 6 inches of mounting depth, so I came across the alpine type s 12, picked up two for $200 after tax.

Guy at the shop told me they wouldnt take any more then 500 watts,come on this is alpine I through 1000 RMS all day at my 500rms rated type r

So I gave them 1200 watts, first impression is wow this are clean sounded, way better then the type r and better then the sa, output was more then I was excpetcing by far out of that size of a box, so tight and crisp, very musical very punchy snappy blended nice good imaging in my truck, but it defiantly falls off in the lower end which I excpeted in such a small box I put it into winsid and it says my qTC is a 1.08 . sounds great I'm my.opinion, I think these things in a ported box would sound so clean, and I defiantly recommend them to anyone who is doing a truck install and wants decent output from under the seats.

Alpine is a great company and this Is my favorite set up to date, and since you can find these for $90 its a bargain

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

orangecountyjd

10+ year member
orangecountyjd
Orange County
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views