Supergauss discussion

It's been a while since I read that white paper, it's a good explanation of the concept. Better heat dissipation, better control, symmetrical flux, and more design options for electrical and mechanical parameters are the main advantages. Yes, JBL pioneered the technology in the 80's and we owe a lot of speaker technology to JBL and Harmon. If you want to know how it works, look at their research.

Don't worry about what people told you, just read the paper above and it tells all.

The paper also addresses the advantages of using neo magnets, something ignored by the copycats.

The "breaking coil" is why those JBL subs are very difficult to "bottom out".

It's been a while since I read that white paper, it's a good explanation of the concept. Better heat dissipation, better control, symmetrical flux, and more design options for electrical and mechanical parameters are the main advantages. Yes, JBL pioneered the technology in the 80's and we owe a lot of speaker technology to JBL and Harmon. If you want to know how it works, look at their research.
Don't worry about what people told you, just read the paper above and it tells all.

The paper also addresses the advantages of using neo magnets, something ignored by the copycats.

Isn't it basically XBL^2 with more coil surface area?

Thanks! I like neo for many reasons

I think those used to be owned by 72impala

Apparently, the new SMD's have a single coil, not spaced. I find that hard to believe

Also, do those custom ones on facebook not have a pole piece?

Apparently, the new SMD's have a single coil, not spaced. I find that hard to believe
Also, do those custom ones on facebook not have a pole piece?
The cut-down SMD v.1 that I saw had one coil & a single braking winding up higher on the former.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Looked just like this photo from google images :

XZ39ml.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.