Super Noob Here: What Amp Do I Need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

blatt

Ga
I just bought a Nakamichi SP-W500D 12" Sub (3000W) & a box for it. I have no idea what amp I need/should get. I don't want to go to a shop & have them tell me what's "best" & that I should buy it from them cause they'll give me a "deal" yada yada.

Could anyone help me out? I'm not working with the biggest budget here. I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible, but still get something that works. Ya know? Any help is more than appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I can't find that model on their page. Only the 350d.... And that is 450rms 3000 peak. Honestly ignore that peak rating.

What the hell... In the pic it says 450rms 3000 peak.

When you click on specs it says 350rms 2500 peak.

zoj4mp.jpg

Man that brand sounds shady.

Nakamichi | Product Details

I'm going out on a limb and saying the model number SP-W"500"D. The 500 would be the rms rating. That seems to be how all their other models are rated. That 3000 max is probably what it took to blow it on a 3 second burst. I don't know if that's true or not.

I'd start with an amp in the 300 to 500rms range and see what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.