Question? Alpine SWR-10D2 or JL Audio W3

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok guys I've been researching this and haven't been able to come up with a good decision. I have a Alpine MRV-M500 mono block amp. I had a cheaper alpine bassline 12 that was just alright. The box won't fit in the daughters new car (FR-S). I want to put a single 10 in. good quality sub and box. She wants it to HIT HARD. On Craigslist I found a JL Audio W3 with a probox for $160. I also found a Alpine Type R swr-10d2 with a box almost brand new for $110. There is no doubt the JL Audio is a great sub and that's all I ever had growing up, but the reviews for the TYpe R are pretty good. My question is, will my amp be enough to push that sub to make it sound good.

JL Audio W3 for $160

Or

Alpine Swr-10d2?

I'd go with the W3. Unless you are going to make a proper custom ported box for the type R. In a sealed box, the W3 hits harder and sounds better than a type R in sealed box on 500 rms. Knock that price down a bit though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.