Sunroof damage?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrdnhsnbrg
10+ year member

Pimped my grandma's ride
I have a sunroof on my car, when opened it drops down from the roof line and slides into the roof. At what point do I have to worry about damaging the sunroof from sound pressure? Currently with a single XFL on 1k it vibrates quite a bit, will be installing a VFL150.1 soon and running it on a single XFL at 2 ohms. I just really enjoy my sunroof in the summer and don't want it broken.

In all honestly, if you're scared of breaking the car, don't tear it apart with the kind of punishment a nice setup can put it through. While I personally think you'll be okay, this is just kinda a rule of thumb for me. My daily driver is an '04 Grand Prix...it's not a super nice car, but I like it. Well, it ended up cracking a clip on my dash this weekend. And while I was kinda upset about it at the time, I realize it's my fault for subjecting the poor thing to what I put it through on a daily basis.

Basically, decide whether or not the risk is worth it to you, and act accordingly.

Sunroofs can get damaged pretty easily. Doesn't take a whole lot or a massive system. But like Full Tilt mentioned. If your afraid of breaking something, don't put anything in it that may subject it to damage. The build I did earlier this year on a lancer with 2 12's ended up snapping both supports that actually hold the sunroof glass to the track

Vent the sunroof when you pound. Won't have the same effect as rolling the windows down and puts less wear and tear on the roof.

Vent the sunroof when you pound. Won't have the same effect as rolling the windows down and puts less wear and tear on the roof.
Ah, yes, I was going to experiment with sunroof positions while bumping but never got around to it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.