Stock 2011 Honda Fit - decent headunit upgrade option? (and integration question)

Participant count
  • Participant list

tbreslow

Phila
Hi,

Trying to upgrade my wife's stock radio in her 2011 Fit (as a surprise). The factory unit in my VW Jetta TDI has Bluetooth handsfree and SiriusXM, both of which my wife really wants and drools over. I wanted to see if I could find a unit with an HD tuner as well, because she listens regularly to radio and her stations broadcast in HD.

It's been years since I messed with this stuff. So I start looking at Crutchfield and there are options for HU, nothing special. The stock unit is integrated into the housing that also has the hazard control and an indicator for airbags. Does this doom me to the stock unit? Is anyone aware of any solutions?

I suppose Honda has a "premium" option that they would be happy to swap for me, but I probably could buy another car for what they would charge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Thanks!

(Just HU at this time to add the features, speakers next time around)

OK I feel silly. I found links for install kits that take care of the hazard and airbag indicators. Still would welcome any suggestions for a HU!

I'd check into an alpine unit that fits you budget. Most of those have the features you want and should go well visually as well.

Double DIN - get a SiriusXM tuner and you may need an additional HD Radio tuner. My preferred brand for this kind of application is Clarion. The looks are subjective, but I've found the CX501 to be very easy to use and the sound is great. You can change the colors to match your dash. There are many choices, as you've surely seen on Crutchfield.com, but I recommend you stick with something that is easy to use rather than something that you think looks cool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.