Sundown x-15v2 pushed with Hifonics brx 2400.1d?

BRX is not the same as the SQ2200... That was the BRZ2400.1D. I'm pretty confident BRX's do under 2K W Rms... might get there dynamically as Hifonics amps seem to put out a lot more power dynamically than they do in a 1%thd or up to clipping situation. I feel fairly safe saying it will do the 1500W you are looking for... If you were closer I could dyno it for you.

I wonder... that amp might dyno 2000 "dynamic"... lol... but actually driving a X15 in an enclosure?.. IDK bout that... I'd say it'll be closer to 1100-1200 probably (if that!)... those subs like big power IMO

Those subs will take 2-3x it's rated power.
I've seen an actual 5K amp (Twisted Sounds) match up really well with those X15's (a pair)... I'd think you'll need around 2.5k to get around 1500 in an enclosure... that Hifonics won't do THAT!

And box rise will play a big factor too. I know I'm underpowering my subs....but nothing I can do about it since it takes $$ and power(electrical) to make more power(new amps).

I wonder... that amp might dyno 2000 "dynamic"... lol... but actually driving a X15 in an enclosure?.. IDK bout that... I'd say it'll be closer to 1100-1200 probably (if that!)... those subs like big power IMO
What makes you think 1100-1200? Y'all are breaking my heart lol.....

It's called Impedance/box rise... every system fights that juggernaught!... lol... someone on here recently did 7.5K of power into a pair of HDC3 12's if I remember... he probably was getting less than 4K actual... it is what it is... sorry

yeah brz is built better just someone posted recently the sq was same as 1 of the hifi.. if it's 2k dynamic yeah after rise u will loose alot, way i think of rise is if u run at 1 ohm u end up closer to what 2 ohm rating is actually getting to sub.. yeah it did dyno at 2k if thats true rms then maybe 1300 after rise, never know unless u clamp it.. either way run it if it don't push sub well after couple weeks of break in look for bigger amp and sell the hifi.. here's dyno i found

That HiFonics will never come close to 1500 actual into that X15... sorry man... Look for 2.5k minimum to actually get close to the subs rating... that Wolfram 3K that everyone is talking about will probably deliver 2K-ish... then you'll be doing it justice...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.