U series vs X series

• X

• U

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Participant count
  • Participants list

John858

CarAudio.com Recruit
Decided ima go with a nice 15 instead of 2 budget 12’s, debating if i should go with the U or the X series 15, im going for a daily beater with good sql, which would sound better and louder?

i listen to rap, corridos and old school

box will be built to the proper enclosure size of the sub and the amp is a sundown sfb 3k

Decided ima go with a nice 15 instead of 2 budget 12’s, debating if i should go with the U or the X series 15, im going for a daily beater with good sql, which would sound better and louder?

i listen to rap, corridos and old school

box will be built to the proper enclosure size of the sub and the amp is a sundown sfb 3k

Just depends on what space you've got available. I've had great luck with low ratio 4th's utilizing x series subs. "retarded bandwidth" is what I keep hearing back tuned 45 or so. After break-in the feedback turns to "how do I keep my car from falling apart"'... For the X or U series a sfb3K would need to be sized accordingly in MY car...ima an output junkie after all.
Jmo and whatever you come up with you've got decent power if you feed that amp so just find the configuration that works best in your ride and build what works. A "3K" amp on a single "X" or "U"?
Personally I'd stick with ported for simplicity and choose the X over the U for lowz unless U can build and understand cabin gain and bandwidth.
We all want a world stopping, flexing and stand back system but with a tiny amp. Be realistic.

Whichever way you go you can't go wrong. Wff is corridos? sounds like the guy I just did a few 4th's for with "epi" bass notes. Last one I did was 1:1 basically and it's supposed to be a monster.

Ive heard "monsters" before as described... then I peel their eyelids and get the wtf look. 4 8's bows to 2 12s and a single 18 trumps both with cone.

If you got the space, I'd opt for something that adds to the output (if agreeable) with a higher order than a ported if losing cone whilst changing up.

Tune it for your cabin and for your listening habits as you are likely to lose volume when going from 2 12s to a single 15.

im going for a daily beater with good sql, which would sound better and louder?
X is more of a lowend monster where the U is more of a daily driver (U is basically a beefed up SA series).

If you wanted an actual proper SQL subwoofer then you'd be looking at something like the Adire Audio Brahma or the IDMax. If you wanted something closer to the RMS of your amp (assuming your even upgrading electrical to get max RMS) then SSA Zcon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...