Sundown sld 10 question

I'm just going to try one 10 ported. It's not easy to just give buck dimensions when there is so many obstacles to work around. I can get 1 c.f plus port no problem . Try to squeeze 2 is not going to happen. I already have the 10 or I'd try a pair of 8's. I'll see how it goes. The 2 10's got pretty loud for what it was but it's not the type of bass I prefer

I have to agree with you after seeing that photo you posted, that space looks awfully small so doing 2 ported will be a stretch and be either be smallish airspace or port area IF you find a way to fit it.

If what your lacking currently is decent lows I'd suggest a single Sld 10 ported. It won't gain across the board but will definitely put the emphasis down low (fatter lows) if that's what you're lacking currently. "A different sound so to speak"

I've seen others ask for dimensions and am curious as well, you said there's some BS back there to build around and that sux but nothing is impossible unless it's IMPOSSIBLE... lol.

Personally I'm not a fan of sealed box subs no matter the manufacturer, the decent ones always are accompanied by "esoteric" pricing and that negates the performance for me. I think as long as your expectations are realistic a single ported 10 may do the job. I truly dislike the peak most 10's produce in a small sealed box.
Thanks for the reply. I wish someone had the same truck so I could get some ideas

All I was suggesting was talk to him about a design nothing more! If anyone could figure it out it would be him. He doesn't build boxes he just designs them nothing more...good grief!

I get it but I have a box builder that specializes in Tacoma’s. I’m not worried about a box was just trying to see if anyone used one of these subs to compare to the sd4. The same guy who made the boxes in the picture I posted. You can’t see all the craziness behind the box but his work is beautiful

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.