Sundown sd10

spencer83
10+ year member

Texas
Im eyeballing pair of sd-2 10s not sure if i should get the 2ohm or 4ohm the amp I am getting is the SAZ1200D is this a good combo and if i got dual 4s i could run a 1 ohm load correct? almost forgot its going in a 97 f-350 single cab

yeah, get dual 4 ohm. the saz1200 would pair up nicely with two SD10s. are you doing a sealed box?

Yea Im going to run a sealed box that should work right the box im eyeballing is just over a cubic ft per sub is that about right

Sundown says to put the sd-2 ten in .5 cubic foot with 1 cubic each you can port them and hit louder

I have mine in .53ft each sealed and with volume maxed out they hit everything nice. At lower volume they kinda high bass me to death

Maybe I haven't broke em in yet. But still it's a nice sounding sub you should be happy

Dvc 4ohm and the 1200 should work great

They will take a bigger amp I have mine on a saz 1500 with no bass boost and gain set right

Subs act like they r getting all the power they want with no problems.

So far this is the best sub that I could fit in my truck behind rear seat that I found

The bigger the box the lower they will play but try not to go over 1 cube. If they start sounding sloppy add a few small bocks of 2x4 till it starts to sound better I personally would put them in .8 a piece

Winky have you put these subs in .8 before? Because that's the box I'm going to make if they don't break in soon

I'm mean .5 cubic sounds good but I think these subs can do more

Sry if I'm thread jacking here

Winky have you put these subs in .8 before? Because that's the box I'm going to make if they don't break in soonI'm mean .5 cubic sounds good but I think these subs can do more

Sry if I'm thread jacking here
Yea I love them in .8 each they still take 600w and they dig deep, in .5 each they didn't like to dig deep but could take a lil more power and would be loud as hell on songs like "a milli"

And sundown subs require little to no break in so I doubt yours loosen up much more than they already have

If you are running a pair of the subs you will need the dual 4 ohms so you can wire them in parallel to a 1 ohm load. From my experiences the Sundown subs can handle a lot more power than they are rated to handle so keep that in mind. The 1200d will do more than 1200 watts at 1 ohm so it will be a nice match up for a pair of those subs.

I just made a new box today and the subs dig deep now.

My saz 1500 might be a over kill because now it really slams my voltage meter

Go with the dvc 4ohms and the 1200 you will be happy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.