Whats all this talk about ports?

ekun

AL
Oh hey, I'm fairly new to car audio but been doing some research over the past few weeks and I've decided to do a build on a budget (500-600)

I have a 99 XLT explorer

New stock alt (90a at idle 130a at 1200rpm)

NAPA Gold batt (stock like)

No Big 3 upgrade

Final independence must be 1 or 2 ohm

My current setup is 4 infinity 6832 powered by an Ample Audio 242x with a 2x6ohm load. This provides me great SQL but I'm looking to do my first SPL build as a daily driver and beat out the local guys.

I don't have any first hand experience with aftermarket subs, so before I click "check out" I would like to get some opinions.

I've been looking at purchasing the following subs:

FI SSD 12

FI X 12

Skar vvx 12

Lethal Injection 12

Funky pup 12

Both (2) subs will be powered a AQ 1200.1 If you have links to box plans this will be really helpful because all I can find is pics of peoples final box completion and this does not help me out at all. It's almost like some kind of classified file to find box plans.

OP
E

ekun

AL
Thanks talyorfade I'm currently trying to track to two funky pups. I heard two 8" pups caused the world trade towers to fall, so two 12s might even be harder to find!

TaylorFade

I fail.
10+ year member
Baton Rouge, La.
Thanks talyorfade I'm currently trying to track to two funky pups. I heard two 8" pups caused the world trade towers to fall, so two 12s might even be harder to find!
You realize I was kidding, right?

I'd go Fi.

OP
E

ekun

AL
WOW fast replies. Budget for the subs is 200$ each and thats not MRSP. I can go 300 each but I'd really like to try to keep it around 500 for two. If I go outside that I will need a few more months to save on $.

OP
E

ekun

AL
@caddie: I can upgrade to 2200.1 but I'm worried I will have to put more money towards electrical upgrades like alt, batteries, big 3.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ekun

Latest threads