SunDown SAX-1200D

Participant count
  • Participant list
I havent bought anything yet lmao.. Still in the planning stage but those were one of my leading choices... Either those or some audiobahns or jl audio.. Im in the purchasing phase, all this work wont be done till the weather breaks most likely.. So I am not commited to the subs yet lmao..

Well what would u suggest.. I have always been the guy to go pick out **** at best buy and let them do it.. And now I want to do it myself, So I dont know alot about what speaker brands are better then others.. I do know how to wire everything up and do all the electrical work..

I am having a custom box built for under my rear seat in my truck... The guy said the maximum space he could possible get for each speaker is about .75 cubic foot. I am working with limited space obviously..

Because of other space issues.. I could go with 12's but then I would have to take and have my back seat actually pulled out of the cab and relocated and or moved up two inches.

So basically I am trying to avoid doing that so I am going with 10's to minimize the box size which in turns keeps me from having to move the seat or have the seat moved.

My question to you about the dayton ho 10's is what size port do you think I should go with ? I can send a link to the box builder and ask him and see what he says to if your not sure.

ive never done the whole aero port thing. there is a site somewhere that can help u do it, but i cant remember it. ur box builder should know if he knows what he is doing.

or u could talk with ram designs on here, he knows it all about box building.

I sent an email to the box builder so I am just waiting for him to get back at me... I will keep you guys updated once I start my "build" I will make a log or whatever about my car audio build.

Awesome find brother.. Much appreciated.. Now I gota decide on some subs sense it looks like the infinity kappa's might be a problem with the wiring situation.
check out the Sundown SA8s, they would love that room ported. And would absolutely amaze you with the out put! put them in 1.0-1.2 cubes for both tuned to 35-37hz. crazy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.