sundown sa-8?

premierpounder
10+ year member

so i have build list started but not finalized and would like some input on what i have chosen as of now. I sold my 18" btl and soundstream pcx2000d and have been subless for a while, I think it is time for a change. I dont really want another "superwoofer" (15", 18" etc) so i really was wondering about the sundown sa-8. I have the room for a few of these so i decided on 8 of them. Has anyone heard any good or bad things about these? or have had personal experience with them? anyone can watch videos and be amazed (me being one of them) but its another to have first hand experience with them. I was also thinking about getting at least 1 crescendo 3kw amp to push them so each would be seeing around 375 watts (depending on impedence and signal loss etc). should i be looking at something else or is there a better BANG for my buck out there.

FYI- it is going in a pt cruiser //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I have personal experience with them, I really like them, I just like 12s more personally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ive got an HHR (similar style to PT cruiser only better :p ) and i also have a crescendo 3k, and im looking at either 6 10" SA10s or maybe 8-10 SA8's, or other subs as well. my mini has 2 18s, so im in the same boat, wanna get low and loud but dont wanna just run 2 big woofers and call it a day.

not always will it get lower lol..

and becuase i kind of want a wow factor too.

and id rather split the power between more subs for a daily setup rather than load power on less subs and have them heat up quicker

yea

i talked to jake though about pricing, and i like the price he quoted me on both the 8s and 10s.

now to decide. gotta see how much airspace i haz too.

whats the best size per sa8 ported (with each driver getting anywhere from 3-500w each)? .6 cubes, or more?

same with 10s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.