Sundown SA-12 rev.3 DVC 4 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list
0 gauge and big 3 is always necessary in my opinion if you are running those kinds of subwoofers. To lower your cost for wiring, this is quality copper wiring better than ofc because its industry regulated and its flexible enough for car use. Order one size up, 2/0 will be around 1/0 car audio wire.

Alright, thanks for the link. So the 0 gauge, in your opinion, is absolutely necessary? You don’t think i could get by with the 4 gauge that’s currently in there? Like will it be unsafe to run 4 gauge? Will it affect the sound output? I know it would be ideal to have the 0 gauge but I’m just wondering if i can avoid the extra work. Thanks.

Alright, thanks for the link. So the 0 gauge, in your opinion, is absolutely necessary? You don’t think i could get by with the 4 gauge that’s currently in there? Like will it be unsafe to run 4 gauge? Will it affect the sound output? I know it would be ideal to have the 0 gauge but I’m just wondering if i can avoid the extra work. Thanks.

depends on the power you are running and how short the run is and if its next to a battery. If you are running 2k rms but you have a battery in the back and its a 3 feet run from your batt to the amp then you'll get away with 4 gauge.

If its a run from the front battery straight to the amp in the rear, you are limited to 1500 rms. Any more you'll be blowing fuses left and right. If you dont have fuses, there's risk of burning the wire. However most of the times you'll just experience drastically reduced power output, sound quality etc..

depends on the power you are running and how short the run is and if its next to a battery. If you are running 2k rms but you have a battery in the back and its a 3 feet run from your batt to the amp then you'll get away with 4 gauge.

If its a run from the front battery straight to the amp in the rear, you are limited to 1500 rms. Any more you'll be blowing fuses left and right. If you dont have fuses, there's risk of burning the wire. However most of the times you'll just experience drastically reduced power output, sound quality etc..
I have the wire coming straight from the front battery back to the amp... roughly 17 feet I'd say. On paper with the s1-1250 wired down to 1 ohm it'd be pulling 1260 watts rms plus the added wattage that the two-channel pioneer is pulling, it would be about 1380 watts rms. As you have stated, with 4 gauge, I'm limited to 1500 watts rms and 1380 is below that. So with that info would I be good with that? Or would the sound quality still suffer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.