Sundown SA-12 enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Golitan11

Canada
I have designed an enclosure (using Torres and WinISD) for my Sundown SA-12 (not built yet), which is 2 cubic feet tuned @ 35 hz:

http://imageshack.us/a/img34/3185/2cubes35hz375sqin23dd.png

P.S. I know the 6.25" measurement is bad it's a mistake in the picture I found in this forum (which is almost the same as the one I designed).

But then, I found another box design (I don't know what type of box is that) which seems pretty nice:

Cody’s Sundown SA-12 enclosure, engineered by PWK | MiltonBilt

So I have a few questions:

1. Is my box perfect for my system or I should consider another design (just like this one)?

2. Should I put 45 degrees corners (for bracing and sound)? If yes which width?

3. Will DAP ALEX PLUS Acrylic Latex Cault Plus Silicone be ok for sealing this enclosure (I will be running it summer like winter)?

4. Where should I put bracing and what kind (I know nothing about bracing)?

5. Where can I learn box design (like transmission line or bandpass) other than simple ported ones (like bass reflex)?

P.S. I am running this subwoofer with an Hifonics BRX1100.1D amplifier @ 1 ohm and I don't want to buy a design from anybody! I want to learn first!

Thanks.

PWK blueprints are pricey unless you can find someone who's nice enough to share theirs with you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'd share mine, but mine is NOT for the SA sub, I did however find a nice link to a full PWK 6th order bandpass blueprint complete for your viewing / building pleasure should you so want to give it a shot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Link: PWK Designs – Sundown Audio SA-12 6th Order Series Bandpass Subwoofer Enclosure | surfandsound - ahh fvck, nevermind bro, the fkr took all the measurements out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I just went & looked closer - Looks like a pretty slick design though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have designed an enclosure (using Torres and WinISD) for my Sundown SA-12 (not built yet), which is 2 cubic feet tuned @ 35 hz:
http://imageshack.us/a/img34/3185/2cubes35hz375sqin23dd.png

P.S. I know the 6.25" measurement is bad it's a mistake in the picture I found in this forum (which is almost the same as the one I designed).

But then, I found another box design (I don't know what type of box is that) which seems pretty nice:

Cody’s Sundown SA-12 enclosure, engineered by PWK | MiltonBilt

So I have a few questions:

1. Is my box perfect for my system or I should consider another design (just like this one)?

2. Should I put 45 degrees corners (for bracing and sound)? If yes which width?

3. Will DAP ALEX PLUS Acrylic Latex Cault Plus Silicone be ok for sealing this enclosure (I will be running it summer like winter)?

4. Where should I put bracing and what kind (I know nothing about bracing)?

5. Where can I learn box design (like transmission line or bandpass) other than simple ported ones (like bass reflex)?

P.S. I am running this subwoofer with an Hifonics BRX1100.1D amplifier @ 1 ohm and I don't want to buy a design from anybody! I want to learn first!

Thanks.
1. - That box should work out ok, but what vehicle are you building this for???

2. - 2-1/2" 45's in all corners except for the port should do fine, I'd go with like 4-1/16" in the port outside corner (common port walls) and 3-3/16" on the opposing port side maintaining your port width...

3. - Any type of sealant that's ok for use with wood will do fine for sealing all of the seams

4. - Bracing for a single SA-12 is really not neccesary, I'd just double baffle the sub face and do your 45's and you will be fine.

5. - Best place I've found to learn anything about enclosure building from is: Builders who have been in the game for a long time, I know there's some fancy software out there you can buy that will help you design, but at a co$t...

6. - (P.S.) That amp will push that sub well, just be sure your wiring is solid and do your big 3, I'd set your gain with a DMM at first for right around 800 rms and go from there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah that's why I told that it was almost the same. I already took the two sheets in consideration. Here is a picture of the actual design (mine) without the top panel:

Enclosure_zps7952510b.png

1. Just to be sure, where did you say to place corners (just tell me the color)?

2. Do you think a T-Line would be a better choice? Why?

3. For the subwoofer position, any specific ratio or position?

4. Any other recommandation?

I will be running this in a Toyota Matrix 2004 XR. By the way I loved your debat with the other guys lol **** C2 Audio, Sundown FTW hahaha

Thanks for your nice help.

Yeah that's why I told that it was almost the same. I already took the two sheets in consideration. Here is a picture of the actual design (mine) without the top panel:
Enclosure_zps7952510b.png

1. Just to be sure, where did you say to place corners (just tell me the color)?

2. Do you think a T-Line would be a better choice? Why?

3. For the subwoofer position, any specific ratio or position?

4. Any other recommandation?

I will be running this in a Toyota Matrix 2004 XR. By the way I loved your debat with the other guys lol **** C2 Audio, Sundown FTW hahaha

Thanks for your nice help.
1. - In the corner that's missing a colored arrow, as well as the green and yellow arrows = 2-1/2" 45's - Red arrow = 4-1/16" 45 - Blue Arrow = 3-3/16" 45 (measured towards the inside of port parallel to your other 4-1/16" 45)

2. - T Lines are cool and they have always interested me, but I know they can take up a lot of space, and it's really not needed to get good daily performance from an SA...

3. - As long as the backside of the woofer has the rear port wall behind it completely it should not matter much...

4. - Looks pretty good, you should be fine with this, but I'd add an extra inch to your port to compensate for the 45's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (Length)

lmao yeah that was funny //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif I just hate seeing ppl try to shove something down everyone's throats on here every single chance they get for something that's not even released yet, they haven't heard, or even seen in person lol - Dummies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I am a bit confused now. A guy on another forum told me the green, the yellow and the red arrow (for placing corner). May I have other opinions on that and if it is really worth it? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.