Sundown : New 2012 Stuff

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
I'm working on alot of stuff right now... I am not 100% sure how much will make it to the market by the end of this year but lets cover what is currently in the pipe-line :

1) Nightshade v.3 -- Already discussed on the forums a bit. This will be 15s and 18s only for a while -- maybe a few 12s for burp apps but NO TENS.

2) New Sundown baskets in 10/12/15 sizes. I can't show off the renderings yet until my ornamental patent application is in... but think at LEAST as much clearance as the "Eclipse" baskets AND even stronger. 18s will definitely not make it for 2012... but are on the road-map for 2013. This will allow me to make the NS v.3 in 12s for music applications. These will be used on everything larger than the SA line.

** -- With the baskets come all new spiders, cones, and surrounds. Some pretty sick stuff... you guys will like it.

3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.

4) The elusive "X" line to go between the SA and Z lines (rated 1kw)... this will start to debut once the baskets are done. 12s first, then 15s, then 10s... not sure if all sizes will fit into 2012 yet or not but we will try! So yes our 1kw line will have huge spiders and tons of throw. And YES the X-8 is still in the works... it's just been a huge pain with the vendors but it's still on the table.

It's been a while since I made a "coming soon" thread... and you know how I like to keep you guys in the loop !

I'm sure I forgot a few things... but don't worry -- I will update along the way !

PS: The new baskets open up 4" coil designs with high excursion. Hmmmm... Wonder what that could mean for late 2012 to 2013 designs ?!

2) New Sundown baskets in 10/12/15 sizes. I can't show off the renderings yet until my ornamental patent application is in... but think at LEAST as much clearance as the "Eclipse" baskets AND even stronger. 18s will definitely not make it for 2012... but are on the road-map for 2013. This will allow me to make the NS v.3 in 12s for music applications. These will be used on everything larger than the SA line.
** -- With the baskets come all new spiders, cones, and surrounds. Some pretty sick stuff... you guys will like it.
On this subject... I forgot to add that I am designing / tooling an adapter for the 18" 6-spoke to tide me over until our 18" tooling is done that will support the same spider size as our new 15" frame (257mm).

So we can start making even higher excursion 18s this year as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i dont mind testing anything for you, especially if its a 4 chan amp. and i guess i can keep it too to test the longevity of it. and i can test that sax 10 too.

3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.
Some info will appear shortly in the next week or two on the first two models that will be made for the new 2012 series!

Making alot of progress on the frames. All the final renderings and technical drawings and done for them -- I've submitted them to my patent attorney to be drafted up for the patent application.

Once the attorney gives me the okay to show them off we'll get some previews of them posted!

I've been doing brain-storming on the cones / surrounds... based on what the current Z v.3 spiders are capable of we'll probably need a HUGE surround to handle the throw these will be capable of. Probably along the lines of the Earthquake Holee-S surround (which is 40mm x 40mm) or maybe a bit larger.

Making alot of progress on the frames. All the final renderings and technical drawings and done for them -- I've submitted them to my patent attorney to be drafted up for the patent application.
Once the attorney gives me the okay to show them off we'll get some previews of them posted!

I've been doing brain-storming on the cones / surrounds... based on what the current Z v.3 spiders are capable of we'll probably need a HUGE surround to handle the throw these will be capable of. Probably along the lines of the Earthquake Holee-S surround (which is 40mm x 40mm) or maybe a bit larger.
Huge surrounds are sexy. Sounds like you're conjuring up some beasts!

Hopefully you don't switch sources for softparts. They have been excellent in the past and I know a lot of other brands have taken huge performance hits when switching parts suppliers.

Speaking of which, we did up my friend's DC level 5 with that Nightshade recone and it is performing very very nicely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date