Sundown Neo-SPL 2015

This is very ignorant.
Didn't mean it the way it sounded, just mean't for budget people would be better off buying 2 of a sub. Sorry lol

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Some people can't fit 4 15s.
yeah i know. I mean't for budget not saying their not worth the price or performance or anything lol. typed it out wrong haha

Unlike some past "SPL" woofers -- there is nothing about this sub that makes it incapable of music reproduction. It doesn't HAVE TO come with a concrete spider (MTX RFL), it doesn't run a crazy tight gap (RFL good example again), it has a decent level of excursion, heck I even have a shorting ring in there to keep inductive distortion down. It can also be mated up to our big frames, mega-roll cones, etc if the customer wants it.
What it will have is a VERY low Qts -- which can cause a saddle shaped response. Obviously a bunch of folks don't care about that -- as many run DDZ woofers daily, or other super low Qts drivers (old TC-5200 series were very low too).

As far as the specs -- I will release them once it's built up. This one may or may not be the FINAL design but anyone who follows me knows I share alot of info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I won't be able to share specs for every possible configuration, naturally, but I'll at least post up several configurations as we build them.
Hello Mr.Fuller

How is the project coming along? : ).

I most probably won't be able to afford one but very excited to see what the final product will be like...

Hello Mr.Fuller
How is the project coming along? : ).

I most probably won't be able to afford one but very excited to see what the final product will be like...
While I finish development of my 4" coil spiders I have stepped over to development of our "compact" 3 inch Neo motor.

That will come first... should have samples soon.

Once I get the 4" coil spiders done I will come back to refine & finish this design!

I'll start saving my money. This in a single cab would be sooooooo ******. I can see 160s on music off of 1 sub coming. Can we expect to see low Fs, or will it be high for competitions? and if I was to order one with a high excursion surround, what kind of port area am I looking at?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date