Sundown Neo-SPL 2015

Okay so I've done the math -- so far on a 15" model as that is what we'll be building first for our Terra.

MAP from an authorized dealer will be ~$2199 for a "standard" unit (any of our compatible "standard" parts can be used at this price) -- we are still pricing out composite cones, though.

I don't understand why anybody would buy those neo motors, When for 2k i can get 4 15" 4" coil subs for that price, but thats just me i guess...
What NoLoud4U said, space limitations. If you don't have an SUV, its hard to fit 4 15's

Okay so I've done the math -- so far on a 15" model as that is what we'll be building first for our Terra.
MAP from an authorized dealer will be ~$2199 for a "standard" unit (any of our compatible "standard" parts can be used at this price) -- we are still pricing out composite cones, though.
I'm guessing after the composite cones you will be right at Z pricing.

It is made for top tier SPL competition. Things like our own Terra which are at the limits of ferrite motors. I wouldn't invest in them for a ground pounder daily build, IMO. If you compete in SPL and can't add cone area a stronger motor is often the way to go -- in come big Neo drivers.

It's really for me mostly, haha, but anyone can buy one if they want as well =)

I think composite cones will be 200-250 or so pending final costs.

It is made for top tier SPL competition.
I have very limited knowledge on car audio, so correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand SPL competition built Subwoofers do not perform well in daily use.

Would you consider building a version of this that would sound good for daily use?

It is made for top tier SPL competition. Things like our own Terra which are at the limits of ferrite motors. I wouldn't invest in them for a ground pounder daily build, IMO. If you compete in SPL and can't add cone area a stronger motor is often the way to go -- in come big Neo drivers.
It's really for me mostly, haha, but anyone can buy one if they want as well =)

I think composite cones will be 200-250 or so pending final costs.
Would you be willing to revealing the various parameters/detailed specs of the subwoofer, the earlier mentioned DD Z do not on their product page.

Completely understand the reason for this woofer Jacob god **** they are pricey tho :/ big time competitors won't have any problem dishing the cash out though. I demo so cone area for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have very limited knowledge on car audio, so correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand SPL competition built Subwoofers do not perform well in daily use. Would you consider building a version of this that would sound good for daily use?

Would you be willing to revealing the various parameters/detailed specs of the subwoofer, the earlier mentioned DD Z do not on their product page.
Unlike some past "SPL" woofers -- there is nothing about this sub that makes it incapable of music reproduction. It doesn't HAVE TO come with a concrete spider (MTX RFL), it doesn't run a crazy tight gap (RFL good example again), it has a decent level of excursion, heck I even have a shorting ring in there to keep inductive distortion down. It can also be mated up to our big frames, mega-roll cones, etc if the customer wants it.

What it will have is a VERY low Qts -- which can cause a saddle shaped response. Obviously a bunch of folks don't care about that -- as many run DDZ woofers daily, or other super low Qts drivers (old TC-5200 series were very low too).

As far as the specs -- I will release them once it's built up. This one may or may not be the FINAL design but anyone who follows me knows I share alot of info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I won't be able to share specs for every possible configuration, naturally, but I'll at least post up several configurations as we build them.

Unlike some past "SPL" woofers -- there is nothing about this sub that makes it incapable of music reproduction. It doesn't HAVE TO come with a concrete spider (MTX RFL), it doesn't run a crazy tight gap (RFL good example again), it has a decent level of excursion, heck I even have a shorting ring in there to keep inductive distortion down. It can also be mated up to our big frames, mega-roll cones, etc if the customer wants it.
What it will have is a VERY low Qts -- which can cause a saddle shaped response. Obviously a bunch of folks don't care about that -- as many run DDZ woofers daily, or other super low Qts drivers (old TC-5200 series were very low too).

As far as the specs -- I will release them once it's built up. This one may or may not be the FINAL design but anyone who follows me knows I share alot of info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I won't be able to share specs for every possible configuration, naturally, but I'll at least post up several configurations as we build them.
Yes, Aside from your brilliant Subwoofer range. I do admire how much you communicate directly with the public and to the extent you do.

Looking forward to the final product : )....

I want a neo 8 that has to be inverted because the motor wont fit through the cutout //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif im sure that sounds crazy or even useless to most people....... but to each his own I guess

But anyways back to the neo sub your currently working on IT LOOKS AWESOME and, maybe juuuust maybe, a few of these will somehow make it to a yard sale. Then I might be able to afford 1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date