Sundown ev3 15" good for the price over competitors?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jgrace391987

Is the Sundown ev3 15" good for the price? I have a skar sdr 15 and just worried i will blow it with skar rp800.1 amp. Just seems like im pushing it hard for amp not being up or bass boost on etc. It sounds pretty good as i also put in a touchscreen, but I'm just trying to find the best 15" sub i can for under $200. Thanks in advance

The E’s are great budget woofers. They need to be ported though.
Good deal, thanks for the info Cliff. I just went ahead and ordered the sa v2 15inch instead tonight! Stoked to hear this thing, once it arrives in a few days. I got a skar box that's ported and tuned to 32hz that should be perfect for it or close.

Just seen this now, had notifications off! Thanks for reply, i was actually looking at those subs myself a few days ago after tons(10hrs+) of research! I did end up getting a cheap skar audio package that sounds pretty damn good tbh. But, I'm worried my skar rp800.1 amp might blow this sdr sub if i crank it up, from what i have seen anyway. Seems like these skar rp 800.1 amps push 900+rms, at 1ohm. But i said screw it tonight and ordered a sundown sa-15 i found a deal on, can't wait! Will probably sell my brand new skar 15 cheap, b4 i blow it or something. Then i can upg amp someday if/when i choose to add batterys etc

I'd def like to hear one of these soundqubed subs though asap, i started seeing some bad things about skar from multiple places so that's really kind of why i was looking for more too. Appreciate the help guys, i know i seen a yt vid yesterday where the guy tested an Hds 12in, looks solid for the price.

That amp would UNDER power the 600rms subwoofer you already had. Just because your amp is rated 800 watts rms does not mean your subwoofer is going to see 800 watts rms.

Impedance rise.

Seen two Skar RP amps installed in the last couple of weeks. One was total junk and the second one smoked and turned off. It eventually woke back up, but was very dirty power. The owner is buying a Sundown SFB2K tomorrow. It's for two 8's. Good luck with your rp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.