What p3 are these?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
I have a pair of Rockford fosgate p3 12s and i cant seem to find them online anywhere. There like a bronze or gold. From what i can tell they were not paint.
20210327_152831.jpg

Current model P3's. They are that color because they have been very hot many times and cooled down many times. They have seen serious use another words. They are black anodized aluminum cones and dustcaps.

The pic is my pair. The right speaker is over a year older... notice the color difference.

Attachments

• 20210303_160334.jpg
    20210303_160334.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 119
No they were not painted by someone.
I think the official term they used was thermal anodized aluminum cone
There are just P3's but from 2014 give or take a year
600 watts RMS
D2 or D4 it should say on the back of the sub
The specs for an box will be the same as the the rest of the P3's from that time frame

Current model P3's. They are that color because they have been very hot many times and cooled down many times. They have seen serious use another words. They are black anodized aluminum cones and dustcaps.

The pic is my pair. The right speaker is over a year older... notice the color difference.
Crap lol. Dang thats ***** you look at them and tell they been beat down. I would keep them but they are 2 different subs. A dvc2 and dvc4. Maybe that caused them to heat up. I wish i knew b4 i picked these up

Crap lol. Dang thats ***** you look at them and tell they been beat down. I would keep them but they are 2 different subs. A dvc2 and dvc4. Maybe that caused them to heat up. I wish i knew b4 i picked these up
I'd keep the D4. They are pretty good as single subs too. I'd keep one or both, you never know when you just want some bass and have room for only one sub ;)

O
No they were not painted by someone.
I think the official term they used was thermal anodized aluminum cone
There are just P3's but from 2014 give or take a year
600 watts RMS
D2 or D4 it should say on the back of the sub
The specs for an box will be the same as the the rest of the P3's from that time frame
One is a d4 and the other is a d2. I dont know how that happened. I got them from a co worker. Im not even sure what that would even work out to. 3 ohm maybe

Put a 500 or 600 watt amp on one of the subs and it will have NO problem shaking your car. My single 10" p3 did with about 400w on it. Though I am running 1200w on two of them now and jesus does it mess with my eyes lol
I just picked up a p1000-1bd today to match my p500-4 and my p400-2 for the nova rrunk build. So i was realky ready. Now i have figure out what im going to do now. Maybe ill keep them and just buy some more p3. But this time new.

Put a 500 or 600 watt amp on one of the subs and it will have NO problem shaking your car. My single 10" p3 did with about 400w on it. Though I am running 1200w on two of them now and jesus does it mess with my eyes lol
Hey i have a ? For you if you know. 2 p3 12s in a ported box. Or 4 p1 10s in a sealed box. Dont have the room to do a ported box for the 10s. Im not sure if i should run my p1000-1bd at 1 ohm. I drop it down. I would normally not even do a low powered system like this but its for my 73 nova. Dont want too much power in it.

2 12s ported and wire to one ohm.
Yea i asked because i was considering running at half ohm to get more power out this amp. I already have 2 agm batys and was eye balling a 320 amp alternator which is over kill but i plan to run all 3 amps plus i have added electrical to the car.

2 -12's @ 1ohm
Man this is tuff. I never really heard Rockford fosgate equipment. Ive been considering selling my amps and going a different direction. I saw the new sundown sfb line and was blown away. For the price you can get 2x the power of fosgate. Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sharkman

poor bass head
sharkman
oakland ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from