Sundown componet set?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpasauras
10+ year member

Always Hurtin Ears!!
Ok I am in the market for a componet set and was wondering what the opinions were on the sundown componet set?

I have 2 sa15's on about 1200 rms, with a Phoenix gold ti500.4 running 4 Infinity reference coaxials at the momet running on half of the amp in 2 ohm stereo. What I eventually want to go to is 2 componet sets ran off either side of the ti500.4.

I prefer a "bright" teeter with solid midbass. I listen to a whole range of music but mainly rap/techno. Given the power I have and a budget of 200-250$ what set would you guys go with. I have fell in love with my sa15's and was thinking of giving their components a try.. Has anybody ran the sundowns yet?? And what kinda power do they need?? I will have the components in the doors of my rodeo (there is a location for a 6.5 and a tweeter in the doors) and the second set I will have to fab some kick panels.

Thanks guys any help would be super awsome!

Not sure if you're going to experience the same amount of brightness with the Sundowns as you have with the Infinitys. Those are notorious for being harsh, almost ear bleedingly so. Realistically, though, it's more about install than anything when it comes to a tweeter's response. I don't know where it went, but there is a video review somewhere here demoing the Sundown comps. Verdict was that, for the price, they're solid. I might have gone with them if I hadn't found my JBL comps instead and wasn't willing to wait on a preorder. Either way, good luck.

Also, I'd steer away from doing comps all around...tends to mess up soundstaging. Better bet would be comps up front and good midbasses in the rear.

That was my second idea. Putting a good componet set up front and a good mid driver in the rear, or even running a good componet set in the front with 2 or even 4 mid drivers in some sort of custom kick panel in the front.

You are very correct on the infinities being harsh on the high end . That is the main reason for wanting to change them out they are just too harsh on the highs while a little lacking on the midbass. I just wish I was a better fabricator so I could make some custom door panels to house all my speakers lol!!

Thanks for the reply

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.