Sundown Audio sa-8 v.2 Review

^^^This. W7's are good woofers. They are just expensive new, which I think is why most people shy away from them. But you put that in a good box, it should sound good.

So what kind of box would you guys suggest? Because I was under the impression that the official HO box for the W7 was supposed to be one of the best boxes you could put them in. Also not to be pushy or anything but I still would like to know if 2 sa8v2 subs would be better overall vs my W7 or if my money is better spent getting a new box built for the W7 which would be pricey cuz I cant build it myself and would probably cost more than a box for sa8 subs. For 2 sa8 v2 and a box id probably be looking at $500-600. Any and all help is much appreciated because ive been goin nuts for months wondering what I should do haha.

If it were me, I would get a box built for 10W7. You already have it and they are really good. For a factory spec/prefab box, the ho boxes are **** good, but you certainly can get a design and do better.

Do you have any suggestions on where to find a good design for a new box? My trunk space is somewhat limited. I BARELY got that HO box in there cuz the mouth of the trunk is a little tight. Once it's in there there's plenty more room haha. But yeah any suggestions or sites I can check would be great thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyone up for After Sundown MCing on the forum? Obviously Frank preferred above most anyone, but based on ignoring the question in the thread, I assume he is too busy or doesnt want to.

So, person, I summon you.

These things slam in small cars like 2 seat coupes and pick up trucks. 2k rms to 2 woofers and you can get low 150's spl. People that have bigger cars can burb them at 1.7k rms. They a nasty little subs.

ok im new to the form but got a few ? i just bought a 2008 smart car and i ordered a sa v2 8 2ohm and a 1cu foot ported pro box and i ordered a punch pbr 500x1 amp birth sheet shows 569 rms at 1ohm will that be plenty to run this sub or what should i go with i got the little pbr 500x1 amp do to little space in the smart car

right now i have 2 12" kicker comps running on an matt amp i know its not the loudest system in town thats for sure but i was looking to get two sa 8s, should i keep my system or get the sa 8s. im also hoping to get a bigger amp shortly.
I had 2 12in Kicker CompVRs d4 wire down to 1ohm on a Memphis 1100watt RMS. It couldn't handle the full 1100watt so I replace with a single SA8v2 d2 and all i gotta say is ****!!! Very happy i made the switch.

hey I'm a upcoming fan of SD audio n im needing help choosing between thee x-12 and Orion hcca 12 ... thing is I have Camaro n I wanta put 1 12 ported sounding like the bang of 2 12's .... any help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

itsblown

10+ year member
why is there smoke?
itsblown
Toledo OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies