CarAudio.com Veteran
San Antonio
Couple questions here. Here is the background info:

- In a Subaru Legacy

- Max internal dimensions of 14"x14"x33.5"

- Running off a DC 2.0k

- Would like to tune to 32Hz

- Looking to fit 2 Level 3 10's in this box

First question is what kind of port area would I need? The port I would like to run is 2.5"x14"x24". That would be 11"sq per cubic foot. Is this even the proper port size for that tuning? It's what WinISD said, with a vent mach of .08.

Also, would running 2 smaller ports allow for less port area without any other negatives? Say instead of the one I listed above, I do two ports, with dimensions of 1"x14"x18". Same tuning, and WinISD gives me a lower port mach, but I don't know the other impacts of doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction: I will be running 2 10" subs. My questions still stand, and I am most interested in the 1 vs. 2 port topic. Anyone have info on that?

1 port in the center

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

and do at lease 14 sq inches per cube for a slot. 8 for an aero

I'm really hoping for some explanations on this. I'm not one of those guys that just wants the answers, I'm hoping to learn, so that I don't have to come back here and ask a question everytime I need an answer.

I was able to play around a little with dimensions and I got my port area up to 13.75" per foot tuned to 31Hz, with leaves me with about 2.8cuf after displacements, which should still be enough space for those 10's.

When porting in the middle, at the fork in the slot, is the width then halved for each fork? Example: my port is 2.75"x14". It will be 2.75" wide down the middle, then when it splits each side will be 1.375", correct? What exactly is the difference between this and doing two 1.375"x14" ports on either side of the sub? Besides which way the opening is internally. Or maybe that is the biggest difference? They will be in a common chamber.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.