Sundown Audio Question

Shok has some 10s that sound like they'll do pretty well, but have a lower RMS rating. Think they're $100 each.

My box builder is talking about being able to fit 4 10" woofers facing forward instead of down fire, I have a JL 1000.1 amp, I assume I am going to need to get another amp... are hifonics amps junk?

My box builder is talking about being able to fit 4 10" woofers facing forward instead of down fire, I have a JL 1000.1 amp, I assume I am going to need to get another amp... are hifonics amps junk?
Depends. If you can find one that came out before the Maxxsonix takeover they're pretty solid. Otherwise I'd only look at the Zeus and Colossus lines and plan to take off about 25% from the RMS rating unless you can verify yours amplifies clean with an O-scope.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

On second thought, keep the JL. You will regret letting that amp go, trust me.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Believe it or not, 4 10s with 250W each will hit pretty decent.

^ or i might be able to help ya out with some B stock. the prices arent high at all for what you get, dont think there is much that will compare at there cost...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.