• Participant list

rockysblazer
10+ year member

Finally decided I am going to go with a ported box for my DCON 12, ,it says,

"Ported: 1.75 cu.ft. @ 28-33 hz" or

"Ported: 2.25 cu.ft. @ 28-33hz opt."

whats the difference between those two? right now i have an mbquart 400w amp,

with a SEALED 12" Belva Box. 1.2 cft volume

my mechanic says if i go bigger i will get more out of the sub. plus ported.

can someone link me to a good ported box for under 60-70$? iv looked at the prefab enclosure designs but if i make myself i will screw it up. been looking all over ebay and sites, but cant find the right one. thanks

DO NOT go prefab. For a properly-built ported box that won't fall apart or leak, expect to spend more than 60-70 bucks. I got mine from @double 07 ; for about double that shipped to Los Angeles and it'll withstand being dropped off a second story building.

"Ported: 1.75 cu.ft. @ 28-33 hz" or"Ported: 2.25 cu.ft. @ 28-33hz opt."

whats the difference between those two? right now i have an mbquart 400w amp,

with a SEALED 12" Belva Box. 1.2 cft volume

my mechanic says if i go bigger i will get more out of the sub. plus ported.
OPT means optimum, as in the best enclosure for that sub in terms of efficiency and output. This is normally what you want to go with to make sure it can really dig into the low frequencies without needing a ton of power. If you searched before you made this post (not yelling at you), you'd see how someone bought a DCON 12 and put it in a sealed enclosure and HATED it. You can keep the amp, but I'd say a ported enclosure is necessary to wake that sub up.

i'm in the monetery peninsula area i could build you one to , but not for $70 .you wont find one from any one for that price .
I rest my case. Raise your budget to about 150 if you go with Starr Mountain Sound (double 07) or add another 50 to be done locally (and I can NOT guarantee it will be done right locally).

OPT means optimum, as in the best enclosure for that sub in terms of efficiency and output. This is normally what you want to go with to make sure it can really dig into the low frequencies without needing a ton of power. If you searched before you made this post (not yelling at you), you'd see how someone bought a DCON 12 and put it in a sealed enclosure and HATED it. You can keep the amp, but I'd say a ported enclosure is necessary to wake that sub up.

I rest my case. Raise your budget to about 150 if you go with Starr Mountain Sound (double 07) or add another 50 to be done locally (and I can NOT guarantee it will be done right locally).
okay i got it what OPT means now. but i know it is best to go with someone on these forums like double07 but im still trying to go cheaper. what do you think about this box, (not trying to be stubborn)

2 0 ft 3 Tuned 32Hz Slot Vented Custom MDF Box Enclosure for 12 inch Subwoofer | eBay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.