Sundown 3500 or DC 3.5

If you decide to buy another Sundown 3500 I am selling mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I think I saw clamp results of the sundowns doing more power then the DC 3.5s...I don't remember where though. I think it was on CACO

actually it was the dc doing more power than the sundown and ab amps.the dc amps were putting out any where from 600 or more watts than either of the other two amps.with the exact same systems and batteries.i run a dc 12 k at .7 ohms bridged daily no problems.i would go with the dc amps myself

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

you can also buy them direct from me

The DC 3.5k design is more like the older AQ-3500D which is not as powerful as the SAZ-3500D. Nothing wrong with it by any means but the SAZ-3500D is a more powerful board. If anyone cares to debate it -- I'm all for it and I'll put my money where my mouth is.

SAZ-3500D / AQ-3500D Side-By-Side - SSA Car Audio Forum

If you are referring to the SAZ-4500D, DC-5k, AB-500.1 thread the difference from the DC to the 4500D were within production tolerance as the boards are based on the same design.

i wouldn't mind seeing it,whats up jacob?
I linked my test to the AQ-3500D original which is the same overall board design... if you want to see the test really badly with the amp in the DC casing then invoice me for a DC-3.5k -- sundownz@sundownaudio.com via Paypal.

I will do a live video test uninterrupted of both amps. A quick look at the MOSFET counts and size of the transformers will tell you what you need to know about the designs... that the SAZ-3500D was designed to produce more power.

And again... nothing wrong with the DC-3.5k amp design but it's simply a less powerful layout as it has 4 fewer output FETs and smaller transformers.

Sundown and DC are like one in the same but one is a little better quality for a little more... That's the best way I can put it. Rusty charges what his woofers are worth, Jacob does the same at the end of the day jacob always has the better product thats it... Personally price wise I'd go DC too though.

I linked my test to the AQ-3500D original which is the same overall board design... if you want to see the test really badly with the amp in the DC casing then invoice me for a DC-3.5k -- sundownz@sundownaudio.com via Paypal.
I will do a live video test uninterrupted of both amps. A quick look at the MOSFET counts and size of the transformers will tell you what you need to know about the designs... that the SAZ-3500D was designed to produce more power.

And again... nothing wrong with the DC-3.5k amp design but it's simply a less powerful layout as it has 4 fewer output FETs and smaller transformers.
if i could i would jacob ,but i'm not in that l\kind of position.you'd have to call rusty for something like that.

^both companies are good but let the results speak for them self
You can wait for results but Jacob speaks the truth, the DC amplifiers most of them anyways clearly have no means to run more power, plus Jacob has designed cooling for his subwoofers that Rusty is finally using.

never said nothing about jacob. somebody said they didnt do way more than their rated power so i was stating that the results will rule out what amp did what thats all.

if i could i would jacob ,but i'm not in that l\kind of position.you'd have to call rusty for something like that.
I thought we could buy direct from you ?

you can also buy them direct from me
If you would like I'll find one used -- but I'd like to do a friendly wager first... if the DC-3.5k is more powerful than our SAZ-3500D I'll give it to you for free AND I'll give you the 3500D I tested it against for free too. If it isn't then you can pay me what the used DC-3.5k cost. Deal ?

And again... I am not stirring the pot here but I am 100% going to back up the facts and I will put my money up to do so as you did make a claim :

actually it was the dc doing more power than the sundown and ab amps.the dc amps were putting out any where from 600 or more watts than either of the other two amps.
Or maybe you were just referring to the 4500D test ? If so then there is no need to continue any further.

And again... this is not negative AT ALL. It's a fact of the designs themselves and I'm sure the DC-3.5k is priced appropriately and is a fine product -- but to claim it's more powerful than our SAZ-3500D is NOT correct.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.