MB Quart DSC1000.1

AConnelly09
10+ year member

Maryland Class of '13
I'm a little confused as to how to set my settings on the side of the amp.

My settings are thus:

dsc10001.jpg

My box is tuned to 33.6, I think I'm supposed to make the LPF around there, correct?

I have no idea what the subsonic should be at.

Bass boost I would assume little to none, but not sure.

And as far as level input, I think it should be 12v, but it shows only between 6 and .2, which confuses me.

Sub is Alpine SWR1242d in case that matters.

Thanks.

set LPF to 60-80 depending on preference, ssf at around 28-30, bass at 0 and gain is hard to tell but it should be matched to your output line voltage from deck...what deck do you have?

your outputs are 2v. It can be hard to match levels on amps precisely just by looking at it. To be on the safe side, I certainly wouldnt turn gain above the 12:00 position. Read the gain setting tutorial or find a local with knowledge on gain setting. But in the mean time, nothing higher then half. If you hear ANY sign of distortion, turn it lower

leave base boost off. To set your gains safely use a DMM (digial multimeter). Turn you HU volume to 75-80% w/ flat eq, loud off. Basicly no processing. Burn a cd or put 50Hz test tone on your Ipod. Turn the gain on the amp down all they way. It should be very quite. With the test leads on the speaker output. The turn gain up till you get to the desired voltage. Use your own judgement. If it is distorted before you get to your voltage stop there.

Math part square root (Ohm X RMS) so if your wired for 2ohms with a 1000rms. that is 2000. Square root of that is 44.72V.

Thanks guys. I have a DMM so I should be straight.
The DMM method is fine for finding approximately the maximum gain level setting that's safe to use with your subwoofer (and that's questionable, because under the right conditions some subwoofers can bottom out with less than their rated power, even in sealed box). However, I would add that if the DMM method provides too much output, it should always be ok to back down on the gains. As after all "the maximum safe" level of output is not necessarily the output that you need to blend with your front stage. In fact, considering that most people on this forum drive around with overbuilt sub stages, almost certainly the front stage will not keep up and sub gain needs to be backed down below the "DMM method" setting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.