Suiting up for 4k+

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dtrom
10+ year member

MAF
I'm bout to run my first setup over 1300wrms. Gonna be running about 4400 rms total in my jimmy. I can only fit ONE battery in my cargo area due to my box. I already have a stinger SPV70 and I'm gonna buy another one to replace my starting battery with. So with upgraded starting batt and extra batt inside the car what size alt should I get to to run this much power daily? And I'm looking at DC power alts right now. Are they good?

Ask DC what they have for your vehicle. I run their 270xp and 390xp alts, VERY strong...
They have a bunch of different size alts for my car on their website. I'm trying to figure out how big of an alt to get. I was thinking like a 300 amp but I've seen people run 4k on 220 amp alts.

They have a bunch of different size alts for my car on their website. I'm trying to figure out how big of an alt to get. I was thinking like a 300 amp but I've seen people run 4k on 220 amp alts.
I ran about 20kw off a single 270xp, but also had 14 batts. Bigger is normally better assuming low speed output is still good. Give them a call tomorrow as they'll be able to give you the answers you need.

I'd also find a way to fit a few more batts in there, 2-3 G31's is what I'd run for a 4kw amp...

I ran about 20kw off a single 270xp, but also had 14 batts. Bigger is normally better assuming low speed output is still good. Give them a call tomorrow as they'll be able to give you the answers you need.
I'd also find a way to fit a few more batts in there, 2-3 G31's is what I'd run for a 4kw amp...
Okay. Thanks! I really can't fit anymore batts back there. Sh/tty !

can you fit 2 under the hood? or on sides of the box above the fenderwells? There is always a way to fit a few batts...
The only way I really could is if I can figure out a way to mount them on top of each other. In that case I could fit 2 max.

Can u turn the battery on its side and stack another on top..if u got room for 1 id say u got room for 2

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Exactly u were typing same time as me lol....yes just turn 2 on their sides and mount them together

Idk if I even have room to turn them on their sides lol. I'll take a pic or two of the cargo area tomorrow to show you guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dtrom

10+ year member
MAF
Dtrom
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from