suggestions for powering 2 13w7's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wary
10+ year member

I have 1 13w7 but I'm looking at getting another 13w7. The 1 is currently being powered off of a Audison VRX 2.400 in a sealed box. It's not loud enough for me and I'd like more power and hit lower so I'm getting another 13w7. But that means I'll have to lose the Audison VRX and get another amp cause that Audison is around 1100watts @1 ohm or something, so I was thinking either a Zapco c2k 9.0 for 2 13w7's of a Orion 2500d or 2 JL 1000's. I'm leaning towards Zapco c2k 9.0. Any opinions or people woh have actually heard htis and can give their opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

You might get more help in the amp section. I would stick with the 1000/1's but I love mine so I would recomend them to anyone. The orions are bad ass amps too. the 1000/1's would give you 1000 rms which is perfect for these if you plan to keep them for a long time. Enough power to hurt you and not too much power to hurt the subs. I had 2 12 w7's off of 2 xtant x1001's and they hit hella low and hella hard. I would port the box too. This might give you the output you crave without getting another sub and amp. You could try that before you buy another sub and amp(s).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.