Suggestions for next build

Participant count
  • Participant list

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Disclaimer: This is a long write up. If you just want to hate or don't feel like reading, don't bother. Useful advice is appreciated.

Ok, so I'm wanting to do something that I won't have to upgrade again (I know, its an addiction and nothing will ever be enough)

I have about 5 cubes of actual internal box volume. No matter what, sub(s) will be inverted.
Many of you have probably seen my build log and know what the space limitations are.

As far as cone area, I can do two twelves or (maybe) one 18. I have a pair of dd 9512h's right now that are essentially free to use.
I kind of want to do a single 18 with the 6 spoke basket, but would an 18 on high power sound ok in 5 cubes daily? What is the strongest and deepest 4" coil motor I can get? Any suggestions on the best 18" sub for small volume and high power?
$(KGrHqR,!roFINe852dDBSLrQcUd-!~~60_57.JPG

I'm running a Banda 7000 right now, but plan to upgrade only this last time.
I have a 320 amp alt right now, but was planning to add two more alternators (380 amp and the stock one). I would run the stock one on a completely independent circuit with my XS d3100 for mids/highs and stock electrical. This would give me ~700 amps of alternator just for my sub amp.

I was planning on running a bunch of these group 31 Duracell AGM's @Popwarhomie; found. $180 a piece
0008399630001_A

As far as amplifiers, I was wanting to run one of the following:

DD m4a
Sundown NS-1v2
Ampere audio 7000.1
or a large Stetsom. @mylows10; Can you still order these for people?

I was also looking at the Taramps 30kw, but that would be way overkill for a single or double sub setup.

Any more amplifier suggestions?

I have $1,600 right now to start spending, but plan to sell a bunch of my old stuff. Thanks!

Ia death penalty 18 models pretty well in a 5 cu net with a 8 inch aero tuned to 32-37hz. Any higher tuning or bigger port amd u loose the semi flat +/- 1-2db from 30-55hz with predicted peak of 147.6 @ 41hz on 2500~rms. This is a box calculator for my phone though so take that as u like.

Ia death penalty 18 models pretty well in a 5 cu net with a 8 inch aero tuned to 32-37hz. Any higher tuning or bigger port amd u loose the semi flat +/- 1-2db from 30-55hz with predicted peak of 147.6 @ 41hz on 2500~rms. This is a box calculator for my phone though so take that as u like.
Thanks for the suggestion. I could do an 8" aero

Why not sell a 9500 and order a 18" top and softies for your 9912z motor. I cant think of a stronger 18 then that. No problem on that suggestion i have been looking at a couple different 18's for my honda. The death penalty and ab hd both model well in a box around that size. The hd is a little more tolerant to changes in port size or box size. The dp shows 2db higher on the graph. This again is a modeling app on my phone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.