suggestions for new system

irishcivic

Sup board, so here's the short version. I have a 97 civic eg coup. Budgeting this new system around a grand. What I'm looking for: ground shattering, crack the sky bass. Just trying to build a completely ignorant car. I want the most ignorant I can for, like I said, about $1000. What do you guys suggest? Remember, ignorance is bliss. The guy at the shop is trying to convince me to go with skar audio but I'm new to the game and don't want to throw away a grand on trash just because I'm walking in blind.

Skar would be ok. But you need to lower your expectations if you only drop a grand, that's barely enough to pay for the electrical needed to go that hard. Actually it's not enough. $500 alternator and another $600 in batteries, $200 in cable. That will be enough to power 5000 watts daily reliably.

@noloud4u, so I can't make a 97 eg slam for my budget?
Depends on if the $1000 is for installing as well. Like said a stock system can take 1000-1500 rms. maybe more. But not much so let me break it down for ya $200 deck pair of 12s $300-$350 amp $320 box $225 wires $100 Mids and highs frt doors only $160 that's about $1400 for a decent system if you install it if you just want to tackle the bass for now and add the rest later then you can get into the $1000 range new

Thanks for the breakdown. Good to have a general price list for a decent system. I think the communication broke down a bit though. I'm looking to go full on ignorant. Not clean crispy, high quality sound. I have a deck, mids and highs, plenty of wire and a tightly wound alternator. The things I might need; second battery, definitely need another amp or 2 and 2 really loud 12"s. I posted this in the sub section looking for options on sub's.

make a wall with 2 obsidian audio 18s along with a 1.5k rms amp, will run you around 700 bucks and the 300-400 bucks is for the wall building and design. Probably the closest thing that will get you towards your goals.

you need to be more specific about what has already been done to the car as far as upgrades and what you already have, be as detailed as possible even down to where your grounds are placed, this will help you get a lot more specific answers to your question

"Full on ignorant" can get very expensive. I agree with the wall idea. There are some "ignorant" woofers and amps that would almost eat your entire budget by themselves.biggest hurdle is electrical. What do you mean by a tightly wound alternator? Is it an aftermarket high output alt or a rewound stock alt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.