Suggestions for head unit in 370z

Participant count
  • Participant list

nismo84
10+ year member

I'm trying to figure out what head unit to get for my 370z. I've bought a JBL MS 5001 amp to power a JL 13TW sub that will be in a wicked car audio trunk enclosure, a JBL MS a1004 amp, JBL 660 GTI speakers for up front and JBL 508 GTI speakers for the rear. I was leaning toward getting a pioneer DEX P99RS but I'm not sure I really need it with those amps. Also looking for a good installer in the Seattle Tacoma area.

I just did this!

For headunit I went Avic X940BT.

Speakers I deadened the doors with Second Skin Damplifier Pro. Used speaker rings from zenenclosures. And went with Boston Acoustics PRO60SE for the speakers. Powered off AQ 120.4.

Trunk I used Damplifer Pro, then used Luxury Liner Pro to get ride of some road noise (do it, its worth the extra 40 lbs...unless your tracking the Z which I doubt you are since you are putting a system in). I built a custom box to house my HDC312 powered off a AQ1200D. It gets nasty in there.

Tint that biznitch black and you are good to go.

I also installed a rear camera in the bumper in the back and hooked it up to my Head unit. So nice since the damn blind spots are like the size of Nicki Minaj's ass.

The DEX-80PRS would be a good option for sound quality and won't totally break the bank.

The Pioneer Double Dins... only fair on SQ, but have a TON of features. I had one installed and had it pulled 2 months later.

The fact the guy was considering the p99rs and then considering the double dins is a complete 180 on SQ. The P99RS is an impressive little unit, I wrote a review of it on here if you want to know more. If you can pick one up used I would go for it (for under 800). It's not worth 1,200$ in my opinion. It is definitely over kill for those speakers, but if you wanted to upgrade later you would already have a kick ace deck.

A deck I really enjoyed was an Eclipse CD7200 mkii, there's one on ebay now.

Unless you are going to reconsider speaker choice I wouldnt bother dropping the money on the P99
There's nothing wrong with his speaker choice, if fact the drivers he chose for his front stage are some of the best drivers out there and have won at the IASCA finals in SQ at the Pro and Expert level......

There's nothing wrong with his speaker choice, if fact the drivers he chose for his front stage are some of the best drivers out there and have won at the IASCA finals in SQ at the Pro and Expert level......
But what's the point of having all that processing and not using it with a passive setup?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.