Suggestions for extended cab truck?

arizona
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So my girlfriend wants to put a system in her truck. I haven't been around these forums in a while and am not up to date on stuff. So basically looking for something that isn't going to take up a lot of space and won't be ran over 600 wrms, but can still get plenty of bass going on.

Probably not looking for anything bigger than a 12" and will more than likely be going to a ported enclosure. Anyone got suggestions? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks.

box and woofer behind drivers seat faced up dd 1512 would be very nice ,i would use at least a 1000 watt rms amp,youll be upgrading later if you only get a 600 watt amp,most of my customers who buy small amps regret it later and get bigger ones. i've got a 95 s10 that does 152.8 sealed at the dash no wall or blowthru

I don't have the truck with me, but I will get measurements when I can. There is plenty of room to work with I'd estimate around 18+ inch depth, ~24-36" of height, and with the full width of the cab at my disposal. Room really isn't the limiting factor right now; its budget and watts available.

i use to have a 96 dak. and i ran 1 10kicker l5? (i think) on 600rms. goto the junk yrd, pick up another 40 section for the back bench. take out the 60section put the 40 in it's place. put the sub in the middle. she'll like that alot. i loved mine, my only problem was i wanted more power after that. buti still had room for 2 ppl to sit in the back comfortably. i just had a prefab box at the time, where the sub and the port both faced the same direction. it sounded best facing the back wall. now of course if i did it now i'd pick a different sub and i'd make my own box, but i'd set it up that way again in a heart beat.

and i'd stick with the 10 cause a 12 wouldn't fit this way. and you said that she's wanting to not take up much space.

Probably around $200 for the sub. Going to run it off the 600 watt amp that we have for now. Possibly upgrade to a separate sub amp later on down the road. Probably going to have a custom box built by someone on the forums because I just don't have the proper tools or space to do so right now. With that said we're probably looking for something that could sound good off 600, but possibly take more power later on down the road.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.