Suggestions between JL and Memphis AUDIO!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!! PLEASE!

jammin304
10+ year member

Im looking into the JL Audio 13w7 and the Memphis Mojo 15". I was going to be in a ported box in the back a Pontiac G6. Price is a small factor because i was in need of a headunit(suggestions) as well and didnt want to go over $1200-$1400 for everything. I want my car to be able to be heard blocks away without losing any of the clarity of the words. I want a nice clean set up that i wont have to worry about and is very reliable.

Im looking into the JL Audio 13w7 and the Memphis Mojo 15". I was going to be in a ported box in the back a Pontiac G6. Price is a small factor because i was in need of a headunit(suggestions) as well and didnt want to go over $1200-$1400 for everything. I want my car to be able to be heard blocks away without losing any of the clarity of the words. I want a nice clean set up that i wont have to worry about and is very reliable.
my setup is loud and i drive a g6. might be hard for that budget on everything . i wouldnt look into either of those if your on that budget. are you willing to give up your whoel trunk or partial

Subs dont play words... As for your question, the only good sub from JL is the W6 but its not a loud sub its a SQ sub, JL is a sound quality company, not a heard from blocks away company. New Memphis isnt that good.

So my answer is None of the above

Yes im willing to give up my trunk space thats no problem at all! I do want good SQ but honestly i am trying to find something thats affordable and RELIABLE!! i was looking for something big enough to over power my friends Soundstream T5. I know thats not hard to do but he has had it for years now and hes never had a single problem and i will never underestimate his soundstream, it is very powerful and the sound quality is great.

If you want loud, then might as well go for the W7. I just don't like the W7 because it's been such a bitch to tune on my friends' systems. Sounds like you should be looking into some pro audio setups if all you're looking for is projection of sound outside the car.

But from one ca enthusiast to another, I really don't see the merit in that. There's better ways to show off...

You may now start the flame war.

Yes im willing to give up my trunk space thats no problem at all! I do want good SQ but honestly i am trying to find something thats affordable and RELIABLE!! i was looking for something big enough to over power my friends Soundstream T5. I know thats not hard to do but he has had it for years now and hes never had a single problem and i will never underestimate his soundstream, it is very powerful and the sound quality is great.
if you want good sq then find yoruself some jl w6's they get decently loud nad sound good

im not looking in showing off at all. ive said SQ is a major factor here im not just looking to amplify my car audio to the world. i would like it to be pretty **** loud however haha

[quote name='jammin304']im not looking in showing off at all. ive said SQ is a major factor here im not just looking to amplify my car audio to the world. i would like it to be pretty **** loud however haha[/QUOTE]

well imo you i like DC for our cars good subs they sound decent and get loud. also require less space than most other subs you could do 2 lvl3 12's with an american bass amp that would get pretty loud and sound decent pm @mylows10 ;

im not looking in showing off at all. ive said SQ is a major factor here im not just looking to amplify my car audio to the world. i would like it to be pretty **** loud however haha
Well SQ and loud are two different things... We need to know exactly how much space you have, what all you have/don't have, what you wanna spend for everything

W7 out of those two. Personally I would save money and go with a SSA icon or IA Deathrow and still be very loud and sound great doing it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.