new image dynamics ctx 124 sub any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Do not read too much in you "frequency response" spec. It's a small signal spec (at 1watt) that was measured who knows how (inside cabin? out side cabin? free air or in a box? it's nonsense). The resonance frequency does look very low at 22-23Hz. Looking at the rest of specs, the looks like an average budget subwoofer. Good amount of throw, ok sensitivity. Price is low. However, magnet looks small and power handling looks low, at 175watts. So you may get what you pay. I bet it can still sound fine in a right box, just won't get too loud. The best predictor of SQ is to model the boxes, see how the model looks in a reasonably sized vented or sealed box. E.g. if it looks like you need a >2cu ft sealed box for a reasonable qtc, it's not a good subwoofer for that type of box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.